Airport ??

Hello All. Can anyone suggest the best airport to fly into for Quebec? We are taking a Princess cruise on Oct. 18, 2007, from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale. We have neve been to Canada before and only need a one way flight from Fort Myers to Quebec. What would be the best airport to fly into? Any help is greatly appreciated. Any hotel suggestions in Quebec (near port) would also be appreciated. Thank you, Michelle

Quebec City's airport code is YQB. You might find that airfare is quite a bit higher into Quebec city, depending on where you are flying from, because of the limited amount of airlines that fly into Quebec City. For example, United doesn't fly into Eastern Canada, they only do codeshares with Air Canada.

You can find a number of flights from RSW to YQB. Northwest and Continental fly as well as Delta codeshares the Continental flight. United codeshares the Air Canada flight. Flights from Sarasota are usually cheaper, though. Although you will have to change planes at least twice. If you leave from Tampa you will only have to connect once.

It's much cheaper to fly into Montreal, but that's 3 hours away from Quebec city by car. And there are non-stops between Montreal and Fort Myers on both Air Canada and WestJet.

The cruise port is in lower town, as we call it. The location is here. The most famous hotel in that area is the Chateau Frontenac. The only hotel I have every stayed at, in Quebec city, is the Loews Le Concorde, but that was 20 years ago or maybe longer. Now, I just stay at my sister-in-law's place.

If you fly into Montreal you will have to get yourself to Quebec.. When I go to Quebec from here we fly thru Toronto and get pretty good rates.

Also there are many wonderful small hotels in the Old City in Quebec and I would never dream of staying at one of the modern hotels - the old city has so much charm.. we stay at Chateau du Pierre on rue St Genevieve.. right near Frontenac, conveint to Upper and Lower Town.. We are doing this itinerary in '08 and will definitely spend a couple of days in Quebec beforehand.

Be sure to check out Ancient Canadian (Aux Anciens Canadian) for authentic Quebecois food.. they have fixed price at lunch and dinner (lunch is almost same menu just less expensive)..

BTW airport in Quebec is convenient.. last time there they had had blizzard day before and with all that snow etc. not reall cleaned off all roads still only a 25 min cab ride to old town.

Archived