Ready to book Miracle.. Stop me quik!

stlrboo

my DW just looked through the slide show!

She claims that the dining room is called the Bacchus Room for the 'Greek God of Wine', so she's guessing (she said she's sure) those red things are grapes.. Notice the 'vines' ..!! :)

Someone on another thread referred to them as "gaudy pinkish-purple lights" :rolleyes:

and here I was trying to come up with 'nice' things..

Was it really a 'Carnival' cruiser who came up with that one..??

Sounds like we have a cruiser from a competing line amongst us... :eek:

mohavemommy: Liked your pics of the Carnivale.. :)

mohavemommy: Liked your pics of the Carnivale.. :)

When I went on that ship, I thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen..... just goes to show that it doesn't matter how old a ship is, it is your attitude towards the cruise that makes or breaks your cruise. :)

It was a carnival cruiser== really- I think the cruiser has been on every carnival ship there is.

Ya know--ya cant judge the ship by pictures.. by looking at the slide show it looks to me that the ship is all red. (I lived throught hte Sensations Purple haze days so I think I could do red. (besides=we are sailing during Valentines day--so that will be very fitting)

By a chance - would you know where I can find a copy of the menu from the specialty place? want to see if its worth it for us. Man dont eat seafood.

Funny after I saw the Carnivale, I got to thinking about the Dolphin Cruise Lines "OceanBreeze" that I sailed on in 1996! I thought the thing was huge, until I woke up the next morning and the Ecstasy was sitting next to us!! :eek: Our 'ship' looked so tiny!!

DW and I decided last night to skip the Specialty Dining! The regular dining room is so fancy compared to how we normally eat, we'll be thrilled just with what's offered there. I felt like a King eating on the Triumph in April. We ate dinner in the dining room every night, including the night we got married in OchoRios... ;) We also ate breakfast and lunch every day in the dining room except for port days. Just so nice to be waited on... :cool:

D**M! The 'pic' wasn't there.. I'd like to see it ;)

It's just amazing how far cruise ships have come/gone in the last 10 years...

I thought I was in heaven when we boarded the Ocean Breeze.. imagine my shock when we boarded the Imagination, then the Triumph..! :eek:

Bet the Miracle "knocks my socks off!" :D

oh mi gawd-- what a difference in those ships.

That's what I thought when I saw the picture. Memory did not serve me good enough to remember just how small that ship really was when I sailed on her. One thought I had was.... wow.... the balconies I have had on the Spirit Class ships are higher up than the very top of the former Carnivale I sailed on. :D

But... she was like a first love..... you can't help but to remember her fondly. ;)

I'll never forget the white painted walls with the navy blue painted moulding around the doors... and the little step at the doorway when entering the cabin. Wonder if that was to keep the water out, or in.. :eek: and our bathroom (head) was shaped the same as the contour of the ship's hull!

We had the time of our lives... loved it and got hooked!

and another great part of the trip, which included Monday Nite football in Miami was that the Steelers won!! :D

Archived