Travel Insurance

gr8aunt

My niece and husband leave for a cruise next Friday. She was able to get travel insurance with a 180 look back period just last week. Has anyone heard of getting insurance so late? I was under the impression you had to buy insurance no later than final payment date.

My niece and husband leave for a cruise next Friday. She was able to get travel insurance with a 180 look back period just last week. Has anyone heard of getting insurance so late? I was under the impression you had to buy insurance no later than final payment date.

Hi gr8aunt,

They'll need to get their insurance no later than next Thursday. They should shop elsewhere to get better plans for a lot less money. Go to www.google.com and search for "trip insurance". You'll find some good sites that offer reputable companies.

I hope this helps.

They purchased from TravelGuard.

iamtrustworthy: You did clarify TravelGuard's policy and the word "or" in their Trip Interruption clause. I am very happy with the way you

do business--a rare thing these days! and will recommend you whenever I can. I had assumed my niece already purchased insurance for their cruise or I would have told her about you. I've told her now for any future trips they take. I continue to learn something new with every cruise. I had no idea you could purchase insurance up to a day before you leave. I was always under the impression it had to be purchased by the time final payment was made.

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Archived