Libery Europe 9/6/05-I'm confused AND blonde

I have tried to figure it out on my own but I think I'm just dense!!!!!! We would like to fly in to Rome 2 days earlier than our cruise. The shuttle and limo fares from the airport into Rome seem fine. However, the prices from Rome to the port and back to the airport seem outrageous!!! If I read them correctly, they are anywhere from 140 to 180 euros. Fine if you have more than 2 people, but we don't. And can the limo company arrange to pick up other passengers arriving at a similar time as us to help split the cost? I can' give the limo company a flight time , date, etc. as it is too early to book air arrangements as of yet. I'm so frustatrated with this that I am thinking about changing cruise lines and itinerary just to avoid Rome, as we have done this city in depth a few years ago. HELP.
Thanks so much,
PAm

Is it the Carnival Liberty you are sailing on? Carnival should have a pre-cruise package in a month or so - maybe the included transfers will make it more economical.

Then again, maybe not! But worth checking into anyway

Don't get stressed. You can always take the train at the Rome Rail Station to the port. Not not only is it economical but most of the trains in Europe are very convinent and on time. Sounds like to me you are on the right track you just need to research alittle more. By the way Rome is wonderful. Tim

If so, realize that it is 50-60 minutes from Rome. If you compare the quotes you have been given to what it might cost to take a cab or car service that distance here in the states, it's comparable. The driver or cab will have to return to Rome with no paying customer once you are dropped off at the port. Certainly they are taking that into consideration.

If you can figure out train transportation, that will definitely be cheaper for you.

You might go onto the roll call board for your sailing and see if anyone else is in the same situation and willing to share the taxi/limo.

I did contact Claudio for a price and all things considered, the price is fine. I checked about transfers with Princess from London Heathrow to Southampton for a different cruise and was quoted $152.00 roundtrip, per person. Claudio was much more reasonable. Thanks to all who responded.

Pam

Archived