Ship's library???

Hi all,

Another newbie question . . . I rarely hear anyone mention the ship's library. What's it like? We're three-adults-to-a-cabin (me, my sister and my dad) and I'd like to think there's a space I might go for some family detox! ;)

Seriously, is the ship's library a good place to go to relax on board, to read or playing a game of cards? What kind of resources are there, i.e. types of books and board games?

I probably seem like a total nerd, but I can see myself looking for a quiet place for at least a couple hours a day to wind down from all the fun and games. Any thoughts?

By the way, we're sailing on the Sensation to Cozumel out of Tampa in 13 days. :)

Betsy

Betsy: Relaxing quiet time can be found on ships--even outside the Library.

Check on sea days about 3:30 for the Tea time. Classical music plays while staff brings around tea--served in cermic cups and you get finger sandwhiches /desserts, very nice relaxing for families to get together and talk about their vacation so far.

Hot tubs located in the gym/spa areas. Kids under 16 are not allowed. Usually vacant as people are not aware they are there.

On the Sensation- on the deck that has the Pursers deck... go out the door and stand on that deck...they even have chairs out there. No one was ever out there with us. Especailly at night.

We just returned from the Sensation -- it has both a library and a card room -- both very quiet. The library itself is always open and you are free to enter at any time, but the cabinets where the books are housed are only unlocked at designated times -- I think there were a couple of 1-hour periods on sea days, not sure about port days. You can check out books during the designated times and must return them by the last day. All of the books are hardcover. There is one cabinet that stays unlocked with board games, I think.

Archived