NCL Website question.....

Floyd's

I feel so stupid for not being able to figure this out by myself.....but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make dinner reservations at specialty restaurants in advance.

I spend a lot of time on the web...do all my business, banking etc... on my computer...and I have to say...the NCL WEBSITE is the worst site I have ever needed to deal with.... if I weren't booked on a cruise I wouldn't waste my time trying to figure it out. It especially scares me because I firmly believe that a company's website is a true reflection of their ability to run ALL of their business....

If anyone from NCL reads these boards, I hope they figure it out soon and REDESIGN!

(sorry to vent.....)

I'm pre registered.... filled out all of our personale info etc..... now...how to I DO stuff????

Also...after I "register" and the completed form comes up...there are instructions about how to submit it......am I to understand that I have to print them out and fax it to them?????? I followed the directions to "click on the preregistered guests" icon on NCL.com.... but I'm somehoe still unsure if I've completed the registration process......OYE!!!

Thnaks..

You can't make dinner reservations in advance on line.

Once you have preregistered on line you should be all set. You can print a copy and bring along to the pier. It should say if it is complete, and give you options to view and update.

oh....

now I really feel stupid!

I thought I read about people making reservations ahead of time and a big debate about if should be allowed......no?

Thanks for the quick answer Maryfrei..... I will stop thinking about it now!

On our just completed Pearl cruise, we were able to make reservations on the ship for that day and the next day, but no farther ahead. I liked this much better than the old sign up for the whole week method. We never had a problem getting in where we wanted; a couple of times we had to adjust our preferred times, or go on a different day, but we got in every place we wanted to (Cagneys, Teppenyaki, LeBistro, Mambo's, LaCucina [OK - we had a large prearranged dinner there, but we got in], and Lotus Garden). We actually ate in Cagney's twice without a reservation. We just walked up at 6:00 on both evenings and got a table right away.:) :) :)

You are right Floyds....NCL website is a trial to get around. We do not sail for months yet but I assumed they would have some information on land tours, but not so, nothing to look at at the moment anyway. I live in Europe in a country where I cannot go into an agent and get brochures so this is aggravating to me that the website is far from convenient.

I'll give them the benefit of a doubt and say "maybe" they are working on it at the moment :confused:

oh....

now I really feel stupid!

I thought I read about people making reservations ahead of time and a big debate about if should be allowed......no?

Thanks for the quick answer Maryfrei..... I will stop thinking about it now!

sorry for the bizarrly late double post....

I was only trying to make reservations so far in advance because we are a big group and I thought it might be difficukt to get in when you are a party of 7.

We will be early eaters as our party ranges from very young (baby) to fairly old (gandfather)....so maybe if we eat before 7 it will be easier.

Also....this being my first cruise...I figure it's good to eat "dinner" early so I have room for the chocolate buffet later in the evening!

Don't feel stupid, we all try to help each other here! They don't generally take reservations for the main dining rooms once you're on board, but I believe they will allow reservations for larger groups, so definitely ask about that. Have a great trip:)!

On our just completed Pearl cruise, we were able to make reservations on the ship for that day and the next day, but no farther ahead. I liked this much better than the old sign up for the whole week method. We never had a problem getting in where we wanted; a couple of times we had to adjust our preferred times, or go on a different day, but we got in every place we wanted to (Cagneys, Teppenyaki, LeBistro, Mambo's, LaCucina [OK - we had a large prearranged dinner there, but we got in], and Lotus Garden). We actually ate in Cagney's twice without a reservation. We just walked up at 6:00 on both evenings and got a table right away.:) :) :)

This is how things used to be. Personally, I much prefer the "up to a day in advance" booking. It will be interesting to see if this spreads to the whole of the fleet.

Also....this being my first cruise...I figure it's good to eat "dinner" early so I have room for the chocolate buffet later in the evening!

If you're dining early (5:30 or so), I don't think you'll have much of a problem getting seated.

Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding, there's only one Chocoholic Buffet per sailing. It doesn't happen every night. And, on certain sailings, it's held in the middle of the day, not at night.

Archived