Beach by cruise pier?

amandaepperson21

How is the beach by the pier in Grand Turk? Is Governors Beach much better? We are spending TONS of money in our other stops to do the "gotta have" excursions (Cozumel- Playa Mia; Ocho Rios- Dunns River and Tubing; etc)... From the looks of it Grand Turk isn't too action packed and doesn't have a lot that intrests my hubby and I, so we're going to try to stay close to the boat so we can hop back on to eat lunch and get back off to continue bumming around.... is it worth the 20 minute walk to the Governors Beach versus the beaches around the pier? We do want the beautiful views... but is it that much better? Thanks!!

Guest BeckyThane

We didn't do beaches in Grand Turk -- snorkeled off a boat instead -- but the beach just off the cruise pier looked ~really~ nice. If you're looking to save money and stick close to the ship, I think you'll be quite pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Grand turk two weeks ago on the Westerdam. We were the only ship at the dock. Like you, we wanted to spend a low keyed day and not spend lots of money. As it turned out, Grand Turk was one of our favorite stops! We went to the beach to the left of the dock. There are lots of chairs and clamshells available at no cost. We did tip the man who set up the clamshell for us. The beach was spotless, no vendors and pretty uncrowded. The swimming was nice, good sandy bottom. After a time, we moved to the pool area. Again clean, uncrowded and lots of chairs and shade available. We had eaten before we got off the ship so we did not eat in port. We also did not spend any time in the shops. It was a very relaxing and fun day!

The beach by the pier is great. We spent about an hour there before we walked down the beach to the right of the beach. I believe we went to Governor's Beach, but im not sure. Nobody else was around, and it was extremely secluded (no beach chairs like by the pier, so bring your towels.) The beach looks the same, but i guess the view is a little different. From the beach near the pier, the only sight you get to see is the cruise ship. But if you walk, you can look out to other islands, and we even encountered wild dogs (we were looking for the wild horses, but only found their hoof prints).

Bumming around the Margaritaville is fun too. There was live music and dance contests, and a huge pool. You dont need to spend any money in Grand Turk to enjoy it (besides the occasional drink at Margaritaville).

See you onboard!

Archived