Is There a way to go on Both Tours in Tortola & Virgin Gorda? Help!

mariah9999

Hello,

I hope someone can help me out with trying to juggle shore excursions in Tortola. I would like to go to Virgin Gorda to see the baths and my husband insists on doing the Coast to Coast Scenic Drive tour through Carnival in Tortola to take pictures. He doesn't want to visit Tortola and miss seeing the island. Both of these tours are offered only in the morning through Carnival and I would feel more comfortable going on the Virgin Gorda tour through Carnival since it is further away and I'd prefer going in the morning while I have the most energy.

My question is has anyone been on the Tortola Coast to Coast Scenic Drive tour? Is it worth it? Is there any way to take this tour in the afternoon? I'm hoping either Carnival offers this tour or a similar island tour in the afternoon to go around Tortola and see everything to take pictures. I'm hoping those times are just not posted on their website... I'd prefer to book in advance. Does anyone know a good place online to book a 1-3 hour Tortola island tour excursion that starts after 1:30 and returns before 5 pm? Any other advice on how to juggle these two excursions would be wonderful! I don't want to go to Tortola and not visit the baths...

Thanks in advance,

Jen

• 4 weeks later...

No one has responded to your questions yet- probably because no one has attempted this! So maybe I can help you decide what to do. The Baths are wonderful, but going on that excursion will take several hours. Did Carnival give you a definite return time that would lead you to believe that you could also take an island tour?

I've only been to Tortola on other cruise lines- going to the Baths on Virign Gorda (either on your own or through the cruise line) is a long excursion, usually getting you back to Tortola with just enough time to visit the local craft venders and then heading back to the ship. I really think you're trying to do too much on your one day there (I'm assuming you do just have one day there- not a late departure or even an overnight).

Both excursions have merit- it is a beautiful island, but traveling over to Virgin Gorda and going to the Baths is also beautiful (and fun!). Maybe you could split up for that day? (Assuming this isn't your honeymoon LOL). You'll enjoy Tortola, no matter what you decide.

Archived