What room to get??

razarizvi

I am planning a cruise in April 07 on the grand princess. I would like the ocean view but it provides a bunch of choices. Is there any particular one that is better than others? Below is the list. Will appreciate advice.

Between GG, G, HH, H, FF, F, etc, do we just randomly pick one?

GG Outside Double Oceanview 579.00 button_select.gif G Outside Double Oceanview 579.00 button_select.gif HH Outside Double Oceanview 579.00 button_select.gif F Outside Double Oceanview 579.00 button_select.gif FF Outside Double Oceanview 579.00 button_select.gif

From what I can see after clicking your options all have obstructed views except HH. I would gather the obstruction differs according to what level your on. Like the life boats, support beams, solid railings, etc.

With the HH option it says it is for a guaranteed room. This is what I pick since it is the cheapest and worst case i'm at the lowest level ocean view rooms are on, best case I get a higher level and better view at same price. This has happend both times we cruised.

I would suggest getting a book from that cruise line or going on their website and checking out just where each category is located. Some times the pic they give you will say what the obstruction is.

But yes, there is a difference.

You shouldn't pick one randomly. It's all about location, which depends on your personal preferences. In other words, do you want to be closer to the stairs, closer to the elevators, closer to midship (less turbulence), closer to the main dining rooms, closer to the buffet, higher deck, lower deck, etc. My advice is to study the deck plans for the ship and pick a category that best satisfies your preferences.

Generally, its just differences in location between the grades. BUT in obstructed view cabins, sometimes a lower grade with less of an obstruction is a 'better' cabin. All of your choices are the same price and obstructed, some less than others. I would recommend E705 and E706 (cat GG), both available now a bit aft, but right next to the partial view cabins. These rooms will have a pretty good view. A little aft, but not bad. Also, E416 and E417, midships, near elevators. Overlooks the small boats, so not quite as obstructed. But you might have a fair amount of foot traffic. Anything between lifeboats has a pretty good view. Anything forward on the smaller boats has an OK view.

Archived