Unbelievable Good Luck!

NHLady

This has NEVER happened to me before...

I live in central NH. We are booked on the Jewel of the Seas for this coming Sunday. Because of the school vacation coming up this weekend flights were scarce and expensive. We decided that I would leave early with the kids, on Wednesday, and my DH would follow Friday night.

Of course, we've had NO SNOW all winter, but a nor'easter is coming through Wednesday morning. :eek: They expect a foot of snow starting midnight Tuesday and ending Thursday!

So, trying to be proactive, I called the airlines this morning and there is no weather advisory for New England yet, so they won't let me change the flight to Tuesday, unless I pay $550.00 per ticket! :eek: Try later in the day, they tell me.

I call at three PM, and still no weather advisory, but the agent at Delta has the foresight to check flights for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Surprise Surprise:rolleyes: (not),there are none available. All flights flying INTO the Boston airports Wednesday morning have been cancelled, since they all come from Cincinatti, which DOES have a weather advisory in Delta's system, but all flights out of Boston area are still unaffected.

I don't know who she talked to or what magic she's got, but after 45 minutes on hold(worth every minute), she got me and the kids the last three seats on the last afternoon flight out of the Boston area on tomorrow afternoon. She even asked if I needed help getting a hotel since the flight gets in at midnight and she was worried about me getting there alone with two small children.

Thank you Jamie Star and Delta airlines!:D

Great planning and lucky you...And its good to hear something positive come out of something like this..

Not to jinx you...But lets just hope that plane is not oversold because of others doing the same :eek: :cool: :)

Have a great trip!!!

Good job staying on top of it. If you had waited to the last minute you would have really been hurting.

Isn't great to get wonderful customer service like that? It's said, because that should be the norm. This day and age though, it doesn't seem it is.

Write Delta and let them know how good she did. 95% of the mail is complaints. I work customer service and it's nice to get letters that aren't full of complaints.

I am glad to hear it worked out well for you and you will be out of there.

We are expecting that storm ahead of you from Tuesday to Wednesday night. As of now 10 to 20 inches for some areas including us.

It is always nice to read about an airline helping its customers.

Way to go Delta! ;)

Enjoy that trip. ;)

I'm pleased to hear Delta made you happy! Delta has paid my mortagage since 1968. :D

PLEASE make certain you are at the airport VERY early. Just because you have a confirmation doesn't mean you're going to get on that airplane. If you show up late, your seats are GONE. Also, this flight could be "oversold" due to a prior record of "no-shows". If everyone shows up, the gate agents will be looking for volunteers to give up their seats.

Be there early, girl!! Best wishes for a wonderful, safe, and happy vacation. :)

I'm pleased to hear Delta made you happy! Delta has paid my mortagage since 1968. :D

PLEASE make certain you are at the airport VERY early. Just because you have a confirmation doesn't mean you're going to get on that airplane. If you show up late, your seats are GONE. Also, this flight could be "oversold" due to a prior record of "no-shows". If everyone shows up, the gate agents will be looking for volunteers to give up their seats.

Be there early, girl!! Best wishes for a wonderful, safe, and happy vacation. :)

It was actually the leg from Atlanta to West Palm that was full, but I'm sure now that they've updated the forecast to 24" of snow late tonight through late Wednesday, the flight from Manchester to Altanta will be booked too! Manchester is usually never busy, but I'll be there the full 2+ hours ahead of my flight today! Also, no checked baggage for us. Since we've got 4 days prior to cruise, we'll have a carry-on each and plan on a laundramat trip Saturday!

THat is great, glad you had a better experience with Delta then us.

We booked thru Celebrity last year including our flight from Albany, NY to SanJuan, PR we booked 13 months in advance for Feb School Vac and still could not sit together on the way down on the way home Delta told us we were on standby! THat was not good! We did make the flight but with 4 of us scattered all over the plane. Not sure if I would ever go again with Celebrity. THis never happened on any other cruise line!

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived