!Warning! Stupid Question Alert!!!, What kind of food is on the buffet

darladelight

I am going on my cruise in less than 2 weeks. I understand that when we embark the buffet will be open. Two Questions

Is the buffet the only type of food venue open at Embarkation?

What kinds of food are served on the buffet? I assume regular buffet food like, chicken, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, beef, salad etc... Are sandwiches available? what about fruit? desserts?

Thanx in adance

Yes, the buffet is the only thing open on the day you embark. They have all kinds of food on the buffet, from pasta to chicken to fish to beef. Lots of different desserts (and there's always soft-serve ice cream or frozen yogurt) and many various fruits. If nothing appeals (Make sure you check the offerings on BOTH SIDES. They are usually different!), there's always pizza or the grill (hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, etc.) These can be in different places on different ships, but will be found somewhere on the Lido deck near the main pool. Just grab a crew member and ask if you can't find it. They'll be all over the place, offering you the Drink of the Day. ;)

In my experience the buffet is the main source of food upon embarkation. The main dining room and specialty restaurants are not. All items you mentioned are usually available at the buffet and more. Sandwiches, pizza, burgers, dogs, carving stations, pasta, salad, etc. are all standard fare. There is a good assortment of desserts too. Pretty much something for everyone.

You'll get more informed answers if you let us know which ship you're going on. I was on the Liberty in Jan. and the lunch buffets hot food changed every day. Indian, Southern, Caribbean etc. Yes it was open upon embarkation, we embarked at noon and straight to the buffet with a couple we met in line from CC. The food was always good. Be cautious of the fish & chips, ours was inedible, they must of had an off batch cause I love fish & chips.

They have many sections up on Lido Deck, you can get a Sandwich at the Deli or some Chinese noodles at the Wok, or at the Grill they have Burgers, Hotdogs, Mini steak sandwich, fries with trimmings. They also have a section called "Taste of Nations" Everyday they have cuisine from around the world, from Caribbean, Asian, French, Mexican etc. The 24 hour Pizza bar is located up there too. On the bigger ships they have a Fish and Chips bar.

The deli or sandwich bar will be open. This is on one side of the room the buffet is in and on the other is your chinese or asian food. They are both usually open too.

A separate dessert counter is set up and has fruit on it also. Don't worry you won't go hungry. I noticed that at a couple drink stations the juice was different.

Pizza, ice cream and the grill should be open on the lido deck like nightwind said.

When you see all of the GOOD food and people walking by you with Plates with stuff that looks even better you will forget to eat light LOL, Theres so much good stuff to try out. The trick to enjoying all the treats is to book a late dining seating that way you are not too full to eat.

Fred

When you see all of the GOOD food and people walking by you with Plates with stuff that looks even better you will forget to eat light LOL, Theres so much good stuff to try out. The trick to enjoying all the treats is to book a late dining seating that way you are not too full to eat.

Fred

Good point Fred, I knew I should have requested the late seating

:p .

Archived