I thought that after you book a cruise

I don't know where you go that idea. I have never had that experience on The RCL website.

RCL guards that info pretty vigourously. People seeing an "empty" ship might demand free upgrades of fare reductions and there would be nothing preventing the competition from inventing passengers to unfairly compete.

I often speculate using Travelocity. I usually check on suites to see if upgrading is possible.

I believe it only shows cabins that aren't currently allocated to specific TA allocations, rather than all available cabins.

Currently, RCI's web site is only showing me three D1 cabins available on my cruise, which I suspect is not the case...

The only time that I have been able to see what is available for cabins on our sailing is to hit a cruise web site and go through the actual process of reserving a cabin. You will be able to select a cabin, and from there, you can see what is available.:cool:

The only time that I have been able to see what is available for cabins on our sailing is to hit a cruise web site and go through the actual process of reserving a cabin. You will be able to select a cabin, and from there, you can see what is available.:cool:

We do it all the time. You must remember, though, that just because RCCL shows "all" available cabins in a category doesn't mean that there aren't more of them. Seems rather amusing that there are usually only 4 or 5 available in any category, but that the specific cabins change almost daily.

Archived