Conquest 2/4/2007 Review--Good and Bad

robtx100

Great review and pics - lots like you had a blast. Come on share ALL pics with us!

So sad to hear the band isn't as good as Blood Power, I was really looking forward hearing a great band.

Was CI time and ship time the same?

On Monday night, you set your clocks/watches forward by 1 hour, so you are on Eastern time. The night you leave Grand Cayman, you set them back 1 hour. So ships time is always Island time.

I was worried about the time difference, also. But when it came time to tender ashore in GC, we went to the theater where they were handing out tender tickets and was told to go ahead to the tender boat. We were on shore by 7:45.

There were about 40 of us from the ship there. It wasn't too crowded, but we left around 12:30 to walk to Margaritaville. This was in MoBay, though. Not sure if they have something similar in Ocho Rios. We got to the beach before 9am, so plenty of time.

Which night is the lido deck party, and what time does it start? Just curious.....we have 6:15 dinner.

Also, are there any other families out there going on Conquest April 8th? We have 3 kids (8,10,11) (boy,girl,boy). Hoping desperately that they will like the kids club....our boys are separated and that's not good.

Thanks for any info....Also, do kids tend to get seasick more easily? (like carsick?) Yikes!!!

I just posted more photos. There were four of us taking pictures, so that's the reason for so many. It's interesting, looking at the last photos, I guess I missed some things.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Can you tell me if the pictures on the beach (water tramp in background) are from the Passion Island excursion in Cozumel? You had mentioned that some in your group participated in that. We have done that excursion (years ago) and it looked a bit familiar. IF not can you tell me which beach it was? Too beautiful!

Thanks again for the great review.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Can you tell me if the pictures on the beach (water tramp in background) are from the Passion Island excursion in Cozumel? You had mentioned that some in your group participated in that. We have done that excursion (years ago) and it looked a bit familiar. IF not can you tell me which beach it was? Too beautiful!

It is Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, Jamaica. It is a beautiful beach and convenient to shopping and Margaritaville. The water got deep fast, within a few feet of the beach was a drop off to about 6 feet.

It is Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, Jamaica. It is a beautiful beach and convenient to shopping and Margaritaville. The water got deep fast, within a few feet of the beach was a drop off to about 6 feet.

THE pictures from the first few pages of your webshots has a beautiful clear blue beach..Is that Doctor's Cave? If so, did you do the shore excursion through Carnival or did you go there indepentently? What was the cost ans how did you get there..taxi,etc. Thanks,,great pics..Carla

Which night is the lido deck party, and what time does it start? Just curious.....we have 6:15 dinner.

Also, are there any other families out there going on Conquest April 8th? We have 3 kids (8,10,11) (boy,girl,boy). Hoping desperately that they will like the kids club....our boys are separated and that's not good.

Thanks for any info....Also, do kids tend to get seasick more easily? (like carsick?) Yikes!!!

Go to the section labelled "Roll Call" and click on Carnival. Then click on the Conquest and look for your sail date. There are other families on board on that date. I'm going the week before you. Have fun.

THE pictures from the first few pages of your webshots has a beautiful clear blue beach..Is that Doctor's Cave? If so' date=' did you do the shore excursion through Carnival or did you go there indepentently? What was the cost ans how did you get there..taxi,etc. Thanks,,great pics..Carla[/quote']

Yes, that is Doctor's Cave Beach. We walked into the terminal and there are people who work there who ask if you are on tour or need a taxi. We told him we needed a taxi and he walked us to the station and another man called a taxi up and we told the driver we wanted to go to Doctor's Cave Beach. It is $4 pp each way. The fee to get into Doctor's Cave is $5. Then it is $5 for each chair, umbrella, floaty. There are girls who come around and ask if you want a drink, we did it all day, before realizing it was much cheaper to go to the bar. Bucket of 6 Red Stripes brought to you on the beach=$10 + tip. The bar has the same thing for $7. There are cabs lined up at the entrance to take you back or just down the street at Margaritaville, there are many taxi's lined up.

lindalo, the bunks were in the other guys room and yes, the sofa was the lower bunk. There was plenty of room to walk around with the bed down.

Thanks for the info! It's a beautiful beach, decisions decisions!

The Mardi Gras deck party was on Tuesday night, I think. It starts by all the groups are separated by color in different lounges. You color is assigned the first night at dinner. Then, each group goes throughout the Promenade deck and tries to out do the other. Then, it all ends on Lido. We did not participate in the parade, but we watched from the wine bar. It's the perfect place to watch b/c each group has to pass by. It did get a little loud, though. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'm not sure about Camp Carnival as it doesn't apply to us, sorry.

Robtx - Did anyone in your party snorkel at Doctor's Cave Beach or did you hear of anyone snorkeling there. If so, how was it? We were thinking of Doctor's Cave Beach for snorkeling.

Also, about Margaritaville, is it a crowded noisy place or can you sit somewhere and relax? Thanks,

Bluefin's Mom

Robtx - Did anyone in your party snorkel at Doctor's Cave Beach or did you hear of anyone snorkeling there. If so, how was it? We were thinking of Doctor's Cave Beach for snorkeling.

Also, about Margaritaville, is it a crowded noisy place or can you sit somewhere and relax? Thanks,

Bluefin's Mom

also Rob is there a beach for the kids near the margaritaville? where us adults can enjoy the bar and the kids can enjoy the water! Thanks for your review, and great pics! glad you had a good time!

I didn't see anyone snorkling, but the life guards did have snorkle equipment to rent. There weren't any fish that we could see. They were taking people for Snuba about 50 yards out from where the trampoline is. There was a beach on the way to Doctor's cave that had a small waterpark on the beach, and our driver told us it was a nice beach, but we didn't stop there. At Margaritaville, there was an outdoor patio with tables and chairs that overlooked the tampoline. It was the quietest place there, but you could still hear the music. If you want quiet, don't go up to the upper level where we were, it was very loud up there.

There wasn't a beach at Margaritaville. Just the water slide (which is very fast). The water is deep and I couldn't touch bottom. You all may want to check out Sunset Beach, it may be more geared for family.

thanks for the review looks like you folks had a great time. did you leave any for the rest of us? lol.

Nice review, but now I am really nervous. The last few reviews I have read of the conquest have all said that the first couple of days was really rough at sea. I do not do well with motion, this is my first cruise. I leave in 9 days. I am going to be praying to all the Gods that the seas are less choppy for the 2-25 sailing. Do you get motion sick? Did the first two days make you sick? :eek:

i wonder if this will help anybody?

http://weather.noaa.gov/fax/gulf.shtml#WIND

noaa used to have a radio forecast on their stations that went out 150 or so miles into the gulf.

my fellow Texans can tell you that the wx has been anything but normal in a long time.

I too was on this cruise. It was a little rocky on Monday and Tuesday, but everything else was fine in my opinion. I was in cabin 6351. I have made the Carnival Capers into a PDF file, and if you want a copy PM me and I will send them to you.

Archived