4 sisters, 64,57,57,49 sharing a room!

MLJ57

Ok. We have been on one cruise together in 2005 and shared a room. It was Alaska. It was a Handicap room, we did not need or request it, and it was great! We had plenty of room. Nice Balcony ect. This Cruise to Mexican Riviera, we are in Aloha 742. They are going to bring in a roll away.! Last cruise we had two pop downs fromthe ceiling. It worked out just fine. Not sure how a roll away is going to fit to a standard balcony room.

Help! Is it safe for four adults to be in such a smallroom? We leave on 2/17....................

Just found out, sorry

That is really going to be tight as a regular balcony stateroom is going to be much smaller than a handicapped room. Not even sure where they will put a roll away bed in a regular balcony stateroom as there is so little floor space?

4 woman and only one bathroom, you are 4 very brave soles.

Best of Luck though.

My husband and I were on a cruise to Mexico last January and We were just down two doors from this room. It was tight. I took a shower once and then we used the spa from then on out. We bought the termal pkg. Very tight quarters and I am not a big person.

Where the heck are they going to put a roll away? Not much I can do at this point except enjoy the company........................

Just think..............Maybe they will move as to a suite! I am going to bed with these thoughts tonight! We will be bringing lots of good wine on board to get us all through the rough areas. Good thing we like to laugh and know how to get away from each other at the right times!

This will give you and your other three sisters time to really get to know each other again, in every sense of the word. LOL You will have a great time and think of all the laughs when everyone is trying to sleep at once. If it's a 'done deal' then the best thing you can do is to laugh and tell yourself what a great time you are going to have sharing this experience with all of your sisters.

Not sure where you all are going to store all your belongings though as just the DH and myself seem to be able to fill the storage spaces and closet, but you will find a way, I am sure. Just remind them all to 'pack light'. ;)

What date are you sailing?

We depart Longbeach on 2/17. Yes, we will laugh............May be the best trip for us! I love the sun and will be on deck every day. Some will be sitting in the shade, following radiation therapy, and one will be taking classes. Reading and napping will fill up our free time. I will be working out and tasting everything........................

ML157......Let us know how it works out......I haven't heard of a roll away in a standard room for years, I agree with Colo I would assume it was a fire code violation.......how were you able to book the cabin? Was an error made? Maybe you will be moved....but whatever happens, wonderful memories will linger...Enjoy

I posted on this before as we have three people in a room (wife, me and infant). My friends are also going with their kid. It was actually cheaper just to get a second room rather than trying to cram everyone into two rooms. So we booked three rooms. The third room will just go empty. You should look into it. In your case, you will just split up the four people into two rooms.

What I noticed was that when we tried to book more than two people into the room, the per price went up as they insisted on us having to get a bigger and more expensive cabin. Also, I don't think Princess offers much, if any discount, for the third and fourth guest.

As to having to share it with your three sisters, you know you will say it was great. The best part will be when one of the sisters leave the room, the other three sisters will comment about that sister's husband, kids, job, etc. Don't worry, they will do the same thing when you leave the room.

Just kidding, sort of.....

4 GROWN WOMEN and ONE BATHROOM????????:0 :0 ;0

Oh my!!!!! :)

I am sure that WHATEVER the sleeping arrangements, you will have a good time.

Perhaps this calls for the old "toes to nose" type of sleeping arrangement! :)

You don't spend that much time in the cabin anyway, right?

We depart Longbeach on 2/17. Yes, we will laugh............May be the best trip for us! I love the sun and will be on deck every day. Some will be sitting in the shade, following radiation therapy, and one will be taking classes. Reading and napping will fill up our free time. I will be working out and tasting everything........................

If you are going on Diamond Princess which is the only Princess ship going to the Mexican Riviera from Southern California, it is leaving from San Pedro (LA) and not Long Beach.

Have a great cruise!

I bet you'll have a ball! I can see this as a theme for a good comedy movie. The oldest would be Diane Keaton. Maybe Merle Streep and Sally Field and Sela Ward, too. Are the 57 year old gals twins? Identical or fraternal? Hmmm...who are some other great character actresses who could play these roles? :D

Just think..............Maybe they will move as to a suite! I am going to bed with these thoughts tonight! We will be bringing lots of good wine on board to get us all through the rough areas. Good thing we like to laugh and know how to get away from each other at the right times!

I would look into the price of an extra room, maybe an inside close by, and you could all share the balcony. At least check the price. I can't even imagine the problems if the dreaded "NORO" hit one or all and you were all confined to quarters, let alone 4 sick people with one bathroom!

Good luck and Fair winds

Dave

Would love to hear your review after the cruise! I am sure you'll have some unique experiences to share having a cabin with 3 other adults. Have a great trip.

If you have the time please let us know how it was.

Yes, I will post a report on our trip! I think I am going to send a Fax to customer service and ask about 4 people in a room with 3 beds. It should be a fire hazard bringing in one more bed to that small room.

We will enjoy!

Yes, I will post a report on our trip! I think I am going to send a Fax to customer service and ask about 4 people in a room with 3 beds. It should be a fire hazard bringing in one more bed to that small room.

We will enjoy!

You know, I think that might be a very good idea. Just give Princess a call or have your TA check. For the life of me, I have no idea where they might put a roll a way bed in a balcony cabin without blocking every bit of floor space in the cabin itself.

Let us know what you find out.

I just checked the deck plans for the Diamond Princess and Aloha 742 doesn't say it sleeps any more than two passengers. So, three would be with a roll a way, 4 would be impossible. You definitely might want to do some checking on this one.

How wonderful that all of you can share this time together! You are very fortunate and I'm sure you will create many new memories. As far as the cabin size...well... if you are like my sisters and I...you have no secrets left at this point in your life! LOL!

Mazel Tov on your good fortune and have a wonderful trip!

We did this yearly when we first started cruising and wouldn't trade those memories for a million bucks. I lost one of my dear sisters and we haven't been on a sisterly cruise since then. It just wouldn't be the same without her! We always took an inside room with bunks to save on money and had the best times ever. I am the youngest of 4 sisters and always got picked on. Nothing changed on a cruise. They even brought squirt guns to use on me if I went to sleep first. I always took the top bunk to try and stay out of reach but they managed to get me anyways. Oh what memories you just brought up by posting this! Have a great time and cherish the time you have together.

Not sure where they would put the roll away bed but I'm sure you will have a great time. We (three "ole" senior friends) did a cruise together and wondered if we would all come home friends after sharing one room and one bathroom. Well we did !!! and we also added on one day precruise and two day post cruise, how about that??? What worked for us was the rotation system. We started out on our balcony having coffee in the morning and then one would hit the shower. When she was done she moved to the mirror w/blowdryer while the next one hit the shower. By the time the third one had the shower, the first one was back on the balcony wondering what was taking so long. We laughed alot and still found time for ourselves. So will you all. I dearly love my friends of 38 yrs. but I do envy you your sisters as I only have brothers. :D

Archived