Alaska - which ship ?

tinkerbell1951

Hi, Tinkerbell! I would probably try posting this question on the Alaska board. Better yet, do a search of the Alaska board or just peruse the posts there...there have been many discussions on this same topic and I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information there. :)

Good luck!

We did our Alaska cruise on HAL. If you research the NCL ships that are going there, choose the one that best suits your plan and budget. If you are going to choose a south bound one way just be sure you are on port side and have a view. Balcony is recommended in this instance.

Good luck!

NCL has three ships sailing Alaskan cruises this summer, but only one does Glacier Bay, the Pearl. If Glacier Bay is vital, I would suggesst the Pearl.

On the other hand, if viewing more of the Inside Passage is vital, I would choose either the Star or Sun. All three ships visit the most important ports of call, Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway.

as much as i love the NCL star, it's going to sawyer glacier this year.

therefore i would recommend the pearl...a newer ship and it does glacier bay. freestyle dining really helped with the "no hurry" approach to cruising alaska.

Archived