Early Disembarking?

freddiefritz

I am looking at going on the Pride of Aloha in September and was wondering if someone might be able to help me with a question. We want to leave the cruise while we are in Maui and stay for a few days instead of sailing back to Honolulu for disembarkation the next day. Is this something that is easy to do and allowed? I'm sure that we could just leave with our luggage and they shouldn't be able to stop us, but I wanted to know if anyone else has done this and any problems/issues they might have had. Thanks in advance for any help.

I am looking at going on the Pride of Aloha in September and was wondering if someone might be able to help me with a question. We want to leave the cruise while we are in Maui and stay for a few days instead of sailing back to Honolulu for disembarkation the next day. Is this something that is easy to do and allowed? I'm sure that we could just leave with our luggage and they shouldn't be able to stop us, but I wanted to know if anyone else has done this and any problems/issues they might have had. Thanks in advance for any help.

No problem. But you must let them know you wont be reboarding for obviuos reasons. Remember ,unless your being esscorted by a US marshal you can get off when ever you like..:eek: Have a good time.

I think, but am not positive, that the fines only apply when the ship sails out of the country and you must then disembark in a US port. Since the Hawaii cruises are all US ports I'm guessing that it's OK to get off and go through customs or immigrations if necessary.

Good luck, hope it works out for you and enjoy your cruise!

Yes Im fairly sure. We had to fly home early in the middle of our cruise ( Us virgin Islands ) and the only response we recieved was have safe flight home. We are US citizens , so maybe that makes a difference.

What about the people who " miss the boat " they dont get fined. They just have to get themselves to the next port. Oh well ,,,:p

Yes Im fairly sure. We had to fly home early in the middle of our cruise ( Us virgin Islands ) and the only response we recieved was have safe flight home. We are US citizens , so maybe that makes a difference.

What about the people who " miss the boat " they dont get fined. They just have to get themselves to the next port. Oh well ,,,:p

The comments were not about the passengers being fined but about the cruise line being fined if they violate the Jones Act but that is not the situation in this case. though I still don't think it would be as easy or clear cut as some posters think.

Archived