Cruising on Sun Dining room question..

clerky96

After reading the scathing review of the Sun by a poster on a previous thread, I just have to ask.... We have only sailed RCI, and you can always get steak or chicken in the dining room if nothing else strikes your fancy. This poster said you have no other choices except what is on the menu. I am not anticipating problems with the menus, I'm just curious to know if this is true.:confused:

I haven't been on the Sun, but on all my NCL Freestyle cruises (Dawn twice, Star, Spirit, Sky and Sea), there has been an Always Available menu. Not the same menu for all the cruises and sometimes it wasn't listed on the printed menu. But if you ask the waiter, he will tell you what's available. On my cruises, I've had steak, salmon, grilled chicken, Caesar salad on the Always Available menu.

I'm almost certain that the poster that you referred to was mistaken.

Hopefully, someone from a recent Sun sailing will confirm this.

There is steak, chicken and salmon always available. Mind you, this was 3 years ago, but my mother is very picky and she either had the steak or the chicken. Sometimes if something is not on the menu, you can always ask and if they had it, great and if they don't, bummer.

Archived