Kona-Alii Shuttle. Is it Operating?

DanL

We planned to use the Alii Shuttle while in Kona (only port not renting a car) to get to Kahalu'u beach park. I called the number for Alii Shuttle to find out where to pick it up and the guy said it has been out of business for a year??

Any local or someone who may have used recently - Is this correct?

If it is gone we may have to go to plan B.

Hi there,

We stayed at the Outrigger Keauhou Beach Resort for a portion of our Big Island vacation in July. It is right next to the Kahalulu Beach where we snorKeled and I saw a green turtle. It was delightful. There was a shuttle running and taking many cruise passengers back to the tenders. Sorry I just don't know if it was the Alii Shuttle or not. I do know they were renting snorkel gear for a reasonable fee.

Maybe a call to the hotel might get you the information you might need. Or maybe you may want to check out Konaweb and check out the chat room there.

I can see how this was a very popular location for snorkeling as the outdoors snack shop has an awesome fresh fish sandwhich for not much money and it is so ono.

I hope this helps and I hope you have a great cruise to Hawaii.

Enjoy,

Winnie

That is great info. Have a great cruise.

We have enjoyed two trips to the Keauhou Beach Hotel. There is so much Aloha at this hotel.

Enjoy your cruise. And check out the fish sandwhich not only was it good tasting it was very reasonably priced.

Winnie

We planned to use the Alii Shuttle while in Kona (only port not renting a car) to get to Kahalu'u beach park. I called the number for Alii Shuttle to find out where to pick it up and the guy said it has been out of business for a year??

Any local or someone who may have used recently - Is this correct?

If it is gone we may have to go to plan B.

Was running when I was in Kona last week....

Archived