Park and Cruise Hotels Mobile?

blwms

Any other hotels besides Admiral Semmes with the park and cruise package? Any Mobile hotel advice will be appreciated. Sailing on the Holiday on April 28.

We have sailed on the Holiday twice over the past few years and the only hotel that we have found that offers a park and cruise package is the Radisson. It is in an excellent location downtown, is highly rated and many people on this board and others have raved about their park and cruise package. IMHO, if you plan on staying in Mobile the night before the cruise, stay anywhere around town either off of I-65 or I-10 and you will find a hotel that is reasonably priced, close to restaurants and local attractions and go ahead and park in the terminal's parking garage. Mobile's terminal is one of the best we have seen, really easy to get to and you simply stop, drop your bags off with one of the porters, park on one of the decks and take the elevator to the embarkation point. Keep in mind that the Radisson will probably run you around $129 for the park and cruise whereas you can get a hotel for around $50-70 if you are not downtown. Take that, add on the parking garage fees (depending on cruise length) which will be $50-60 and you end up spending about $110-120, almost the cost of the Radisson. When you disembark, simply take the elevator to your parking deck and there is your vehicle waiting for you instead of you having to wait on someone to come get you. Once you have seen how easy it is to get to the terminal and park in the parking garage, you will see what we mean. I don't think that you have to worry about a park and cruise package in Mobile because it is so easy to get to and around. You can practically walk to the terminal from the Radisson, so why waste your money?

Thanks for the info. I plan to do just as you said. My sister just got back and raved about the ease of parking at the terminal so you and her have sold me! Probably will stay somwhere like Saraland and take our time getting there the next morning. Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the info. I plan to do just as you said. My sister just got back and raved about the ease of parking at the terminal so you and her have sold me! Probably will stay somwhere like Saraland and take our time getting there the next morning. Thanks a lot!

Your welcome! Enjoy your cruise. If you get into Mobile early enough for breakfast, I would recommend "A Spot of Tea". It is downtown just a few blocks from the terminal and has excellent food. Our fav is Bananas Foster French Toast. There will be plenty to hold you until you get on the ship. Once again, enjoy your cruise :D

Archived