How Do They Group The Kiddies

The kids program is called Adventure Ocean. Kids are grouped as follows:

3-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, 15-17. There are seperate areas for teens and all the age groups in the AO area are seperated as well. It is a really great program. Our DD has done it twice, the first on Sovereign in the 3-5 group then on Jewel in the 6-8 group. Lots of fun, they don't want to leave when you pick them up!!

I cant compare it to another cruise line as we have only done RCI.

The age groupings are correct, however, if you have 2 children that are within a few weeks of an older group ie an 8 yr old who will be 9 shortly and have one that is 11 they will sometimes put the 8 yr old up into the older group if you request it right away (first day when you board). they will have the child in their own group and see if they are able to handle it. This way both kids are in the same group. We had a case of it on Freedom and they allowed the younger one to go with his older sister. The younger one was going to be 9 in 6 months. My granddaughter was 9 and told me the one boy was 8 and his sister was 10. She played with the sister alot. She wanted her isiter to join her too but the age differance was to great (her sister was 5).

Both grandchildren enjoy AO very much. They both liked eating supper with the AO staff on formal nights.

The kids club is the best of any ship we have been on before or after. The children did not want to leave. The activities were superb ( esp the Circus and Pirate parades )

Staff made sure that everyone was participating and having fun. Very important to us as ours tend to be on the shy side and found disney kids club overwelming

The kids club is the best of any ship we have been on before or after. The children did not want to leave. The activities were superb ( esp the Circus and Pirate parades )

Staff made sure that everyone was participating and having fun. Very important to us as ours tend to be on the shy side and found disney kids club overwelming .

How do they group the kiddies? By weight...it's done this way for shark feeding time :D

Just KIDDING, we haven't cruised with children but we may in a year or two with a couple of precocious grandchildren :). On our last two cruises we checked out Adventure Ocean and also talked to parents who registered their kids in AO, all thought AO was pretty darned good and the children seemed to love it.

My wife and I cruised without DD on Explorer last Dec, and I wanted to find out firsthand about AO prior to booking a family cruise.

So I asked a little girl of about 8 what she thought of AO. She said it was better than the summer camp back home (at which point her Dad gave me a subtle thumbs-up). So far so good...

And then I asked, "My daughter is your age. Do you think she will have fun here next winter?".

She replied "I don't think so", to which I inquired, "Why not?".

"Because I won't be here".

Happy Cruising,

Alan

Explorer Dec '06

Archived