Special Water allowed on Windsurf??

BillON1

We're going on Windsurf in March and am wondering what the protocol is re alcohol. I understand that, like other cruise lines, they don't seem to be too worried and just look the other way when you wander back on board with a bottle in your beach bag. On previous cruises to help defray the high liquor costs we would fill a water bottle with Vodka or Rum and take that with us to the pool or outside lounge area. On Celebrity we purchased insulated plastic tumblers which we would then fill up with ice and whatever juice (lemonade, guava etc) that was handy and have our afternoon drink, smug in the knowledge that we hadn't payed an arm and a leg. Can anyone comment if this will work on Windsurf?

Thanks in advance.

We're going on Windsurf in March and am wondering what the protocol is re alcohol. I understand that, like other cruise lines, they don't seem to be too worried and just look the other way when you wander back on board with a bottle in your beach bag. On previous cruises to help defray the high liquor costs we would fill a water bottle with Vodka or Rum and take that with us to the pool or outside lounge area. On Celebrity we purchased insulated plastic tumblers which we would then fill up with ice and whatever juice (lemonade, guava etc) that was handy and have our afternoon drink, smug in the knowledge that we hadn't payed an arm and a leg. Can anyone comment if this will work on Windsurf?

Thanks in advance.

We were on the Spirit a few weeks ago and there was no problem with liquor. The way to avoid any problem is to just put any hard liquor in your regular suit case.

We hand carried wine on board and when they x-rayed the carry-on and saw the bottles we just said they were wine and they had no issue with that. For non-US ports, I am sure that there would be no problem in bringing hard liquor in your carry-on. Even in the US ports I am believe that if they saw the bottle in the carryon and you said it was wine that there would be no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Spirit the end of January and the x-ray was used on boarding the first time and they rolled the machine away for the rest of the cruise. When we boarded the first time I had 2 bottles of booze that were x-rayed and they did not say a word. We were returning cruisers but not sure if they knew that or care. This is not the box ship everyone sails on. Your family.

Capt Mike

ex captain of a box ship.

we took some bottles of rum in our luggage and nobody cared. we bought mixers in the ports. we left it sitting out in our cabin and it was no problem. if your going to the carribean try the cruzan banana rum and club soda. they didn't have it on board so we were glad we bought some.

Archived