Best time of year to cruise

Greg Staples

Hi

I've been on 2 cruises, one was earley January about 10 years ago and one in early February last year

A question for all of you seasoned criusers.....what is the best time of year for good weather and SMOOTH sailing.

Both times we went the weather was OK ...some rain days... but the wind was really pretty bad. Are there better months then others for smooth sailing and mostley sunny days?

Anytime of year is a great time to cruise, it just depends on where you want to go and how hot or cool you want to be and how much $ you want to spend and how many nights you want to cruise.

We just returned from a cruise to Alcapulco from Los Angeles. We had perfect weather every day. The weather was hot and sunny and about 90 degrees in Alcapulco. Cabo San Lucas was our last port and it was about 80 there. Nights were warm with low humidity.

One of our favorite islands is Bermuda. Best time to cruise there is May and June if you want warm sunny days. We've been there in early October and enjoyed the low 80's, but storms can come that time of year.

If you want to see New England and Canada and want warm temperatures for swimming on Martha's Vineyard, then I suggest July and August cruises.

We love cruising to the eastern Caribbean (St. Thomas-St. Marten) in late Fall. From Dec-March we like the Western Caribbean, but prefer the southern Caribbean (Barbados, Grenada, St. Kitts) during January-Feb.

Hawaii is a little cooler from Dec-Mar, so I recommend Spring-Fall sailing there. We cruised there in late March and wished we had waited another month.

Your taste maybe different from someone elses. My brother-in-law hates places that are over 75 degrees. His favorite season is different than mine.

Weather is variable everywhere, but we have found the cruising weather-in the Caribbean-in our experience- to be good in March and April.

We've enjoyed warm air and water temperatures during these months. Depends on how warm you like to be- we like 80's for cruising.

Thanks everyone

I should have been more specific

I was wondering about the Caribbean. last years cruise was the Eastern Carribbean on the Jewl. the cruise befor that was just the Bahamas on the "Nordic Empress" way back when it was still called that.

We are looking at the "Liberty or Freedom of the Seas" Western cruise next year

We are sun worshippers..

Thanks again

Archived