Cunard with Children

CASkippr

Although we have two (yep, can't make up my mind!) cruises booked on RCI for July 2005, I'm obviously still in the exploration stage of planning our trip. ;)

One of the lines that we are considering is Cunard. Specifically, the QM2.

I would appreciate hearing back from anyone who has sailed Cunard with children. Our children will be 16 years and 2 1/2 years old (don't ask! :D) at the time of sailing.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hopefully I can be of some help, but maybe not much. I have done several Royal Carribean Cruises and they are great for children and there has been a real push by RCC to make this line a more family friendly cruiseline ie: adding rock climbing walls, mini golf etc..

Though I have not done a cruise with Cunard, I know that they tend to be geared more toward an older crowd, and while they have some activites for kids, not nearly the range you will find on RCC. Also with less children on board, there will be less chance you kids will find that "new best friend" for the week.

Just my opinion, hope it helps!

O2B,

Thanks for the reply. We've sailed RCI before and really like the fact that it is very kid friendly. We were thinking of trying Cunard for something different and a little more upscale.

Again, thanks for the input.

Leah

Archived