Balcony Guarantee on Grand?? assigned c209

isettaw

So we booked a balcony guarantee on the Grand.. Just got room assignments on the personalizer today... wondering if anyone had some insight about these rooms? Did we get something good, or bad? Don't hold back, tell me either way...

C209.......category BB

Have only cruised once before, so we have no idea if this is good or not...

So we booked a balcony guarantee on the Grand.. Just got room assignments on the personalizer today... wondering if anyone had some insight about these rooms? Did we get something good, or bad? Don't hold back, tell me either way...

C209.......category BB

Edit: OOPS, I posted about the CB not the grand, but layout is the same. May feel more motion due to being forward but bring Bonine just as a precaution. We didnt need it but daughter took it as a precaution.

You are starboard, sixth cabin on caribe from the front. We had the first cabin on our first time and LOVED it! I think you will be fine.

Very convenient for the muster drill. The steward directed us through their passageway to the Princess Theatre several flights down. The doorway is directly across from C101 which was our cabin.

Thanks for the quick reply...

Do you happen to know anything about the balcony size/privacy in this location?

I believe the balcony is 10 x 10 and is half open and half covered.

This should be a good cabin. Caribe cabins are some of the most desired balcony cabins. You did good :)

I believe the balcony is 10 x 10 and is half open and half covered.

This should be a good cabin. Caribe cabins are some of the most desired balcony cabins. You did good :)

I agree! As many people do not like forward cabins, after having C101 we were hooked on the CB. Forward is fine for us.

C209.......category BB

I just sailed on the Grand Princess in December 2005 and 2006 and I was on Caribe Deck both cruises...the balcony's are larger than the other balcony's so you lucked out there. . I was in C102 the last cruise and it was wonderful. Looks like you are on the other side of the ship. Be sure to eat at Sabitini's it is a dining experience.

isettaw...

We just sailed the Grand 1-13 thru 1-20 and my cabin was C-205...right next door to yours. I became friendly with the couple in C-209 as we talked across the balcony all the time.

The Caribe balconies are the most coveted balconies as they are half covered and half open. All the others on the ship are open balconies and people above you can see everything you do on the balcony. Absolutely no privacy.

Our balcony was extremely relaxing and spacious. Caribe balconies are also larger if I am not mistaken. As far as motion goes, you will only really feel any movement if there are rough seas. Even then it isn't bad. I sure didn't see anyone tossing their cookies overboard...

Anyhow, you did great gettong your cabin. You are gonna love it.

I'll make you a deal...If you don't like your cabin after the first day and night, ...I'll buy your dinner at Michael Angelos Dining room. Ask for Table 29 and tell Khorn and Alexandra that dinner is on me. If you have Anytime eating, that's the table you want...

If you click on my Cruise Photos link at the bottom of this box, you will even see some pictures of the Cabin...A big tall guy named Julius is your Cabin steward. A very tall, friendly guy from Romania I think.

Anyhow, rest easy as you got a great cabin. Any questions feel free to ask.

Brian.

oneputt@pacific.net

Another disadvantage (my opinion) of being so far forward - it is a long walk back to get to Horizon Court, or the Traditional Dining Room.

I do agree that Caribe deck balconies are great - half-covered/half open (best of both worlds).

Should you hit heavy seas, pitching motion will be more pronounced forward than midships. While stabilizers do help reduce roll, they have no affect on pitching, and are usually retracted in heavy seas. They tend to pull the ship down by the bow, which is not a good thing for a surface ship. Many Chief Engineers prefer to have them retracted, as they increase drag also, which has a negative impact on speed and fuel consumption.

As many people do not like forward cabins, after having C101 we were hooked on the CB. Forward is fine for us.

Is there a reason "people" don't like more forward cabins, besides 1) the fact that you may feel more movement than being in the middle and 2) a longer walk to some of the public areas?

Is there a reason "people" don't like more forward cabins, besides 1) the fact that you may feel more movement than being in the middle and 2) a longer walk to some of the public areas?

All I can tell you is what I had read on here prior to sailing. I actually was very worried when we got our assigned cabin C101. However, we honestly felt no noticeable motion except the last formal night when I was trying to pack. I didnt want to wait till the last minute to do so. It was quite fun actually, rocking and rolling and laughing. It really was not bad, more comical than anything!Made the packing up process much easier. I think we were having to book it to get to Princess Cay that night if I remember correctly. This was a couple of years ago, and I would not hesitate to get that cabin again if only two of us were going! I actually tried to for last summer and realized it only holds two people.

The longer walk may have something to do with it as well. I think it was good exercise!

Archived