Activities in Adventure Ocean

misand

We've been on Mariner twice -- son was 9 and 10 respectively and LOVED it both times. I don't think you can buy clothing ahead of time.

As far as what they do ... they have one game my son wouldn't miss -- something ball. They went to Johnny Rockets on formal nights although I made him eat with us! Late night movies -- my son would beg to stay. They had all sorts of games and activities. I think the first day the decorated their bangannas and my son still has his (he's 12) and they get tickets for rach time they attend. On the last day they can "buy" souvenirs with the tickets. My son got an AO CD case and two keychains (backpack pulls) which was a great way of telling people what he did over Spring Break and Christmas Break! I think they had a scavenger hunt and they also do a little show and have a parade. Make sure you check and see what they will be doing and where they will be located if you're stopping at Labadee since they have a special area and Water Olympics and games. She will love it -- my sone wouldn't even stay long enough for dessert and was old enough to sign himself in and out -- he would leave the table, go to our room and change, and go to AO -- call me on the walkie talkie when he got there and when he left -- was awesome!

My son is 9 and absolutely loves AO. They have all kinds of activities that pertain to the age groups. Some things he has done has been crafts, presented by Crayola, science fun like volcanoes and space themes. There are games like gagaball, which is "the best game ever" and is sort of like dodgeball, scavenger hunts, carnival nights, or pirates. And if the ship stops at either of the private islands of CocoCay or Labadee, they have a kids area fenced off and do out door activities there too. They won't take them into the ocean for safety reasons. There is also a sign up for dinner with the staff, usually on formal night, and lunch one day too. They will see a movie and there is the late night, up till 1 am that is sort of a free for all. From 10 till 1 there is a $5 charge per hour, but worth it.

My s

:confused: What is banganas? My daughters are 8 and 3. Not sure if the 3 year old will make it. She is potty trained 99.9% of the time but in big groups sometimes gets nervous and has an accident. I wanted to put her in a pull up to be safe but not sure if they will let her in if I do. Any advice would be helpful. Do they give you pagers or anything?

Thanks

I don't have info for those ages but I know they will have fun!

no they do not give pagers.

I think somebody meant BANDANAS(like a head wrap)

try e-bay or royal carribeans web site under gifts and gear for shirts.

have your daughters hair braided on coco cay. mine kept theirs for weeks after! worth the money!

one night the AO goes to johnny rockets for dinner!

DD has been going to AO since she was 3. No they will not allow pull ups. There is a bathroom right in the AO. With the 3-5 year olds they give you a beeper. They can call you if there is a problem. All kids have accidents sometimes even the older ones who get involved in what they are doing and just keep holding on until it is too late. Some of things I can remember them doing is pirate night where they dress up as pirates and sing for the dinning room and take over the ship. There is a backstage tour. Gagaball which is like greek doge ball is a favorite of my DD. They do science experiments like erupting valcanos and making goo. There is a talent show where everyone wins first place. Play games. The little ones have story circle. If my DD was not in school, I am sure she would have more to add. You can go to webshots and search for Adventure Ocean and maybe someone posted the daily schedules you get in your room. They also do not do tickets any more. They give a signing up gift when you sign up.

Do you have to bring pirate type clothes? What are tickets? Do they have a kiddie pool at AO? I also heard they have a pajama party is this true? Keep the info coming it is great!

Anyone with kids going on the Grandeur in 36 days?

You do not need any special clothing for your girls at AO. I haven't been on Grandeur to know about a special pool like Radiance has, but the main pool may have a shallow area similar to the Rhapsody. My 3-year-old and 6-year-old loved playing at the pool.

Here are the theme nights I remember: Space/Star Wars, Pirate Night, Dance Party Night, Western Night, Pajama/Movie Night, Carnival Night. On Pirate Night, they will decorate a bandana like someone said and wear it on their heads. They will also paint their faces with black patch, some scars and maybe a mustache. My daughter wore capris that night with a striped shirt. I braided her hair down each side so she looked like a cute little pirate! They wear their PJs to Pajama/Movie Night so you may want to pack some cute ones and some slippers, but the kids have to take off their shoes while in AO so that probably won't matter.

Your oldest will be with the 6-8 age group and your youngest will be with the 3-5. You will get a pager for your younger one. It doesn't work off the ship.

You do not need any special clothing for your girls at AO. I haven't been on Grandeur to know about a special pool like Radiance has, but the main pool may have a shallow area similar to the Rhapsody. My 3-year-old and 6-year-old loved playing at the pool.

Here are the theme nights I remember: Space/Star Wars, Pirate Night, Dance Party Night, Western Night, Pajama/Movie Night, Carnival Night. On Pirate Night, they will decorate a bandana like someone said and wear it on their heads. They will also paint their faces with black patch, some scars and maybe a mustache. My daughter wore capris that night with a striped shirt. I braided her hair down each side so she looked like a cute little pirate! They wear their PJs to Pajama/Movie Night so you may want to pack some cute ones and some slippers, but the kids have to take off their shoes while in AO so that probably won't matter.

Your oldest will be with the 6-8 age group and your youngest will be with the 3-5. You will get a pager for your younger one. It doesn't work off the ship.

I see you have been on both Rhapsody and the Majesty. How did Majesty compare? Since its a smaller ship I never know how much of the AO descriptions apply or might be specific to the larger ships. Do they also play gagaball? Thanks.

Last spring break my 11 year old son was angry with us when we let him sleep in one day until 9:00 am and he missed the first AO activity. He would then explain to us why he needs $10 so he can do the "after hours" activities until midnight. He also enjoyed being responsible for checking himself in and out of AO. We are cruising spring break again this year and he is just as excited about meeting other kids and participating in AO as any other excursion we are planning to do.

Our grandson (age 5 at the time about a year ago) absolutely loved AO on the Majesty. There were not a lot of kids on our sailing and on Coco Cay he was the only one in the program for part of the time. He still loved it. We had to drag him out every evening. Staff on the AO Majesty were terrific!!

I see you have been on both Rhapsody and the Majesty. How did Majesty compare? Since its a smaller ship I never know how much of the AO descriptions apply or might be specific to the larger ships. Do they also play gagaball? Thanks.

I'm sorry, we didn't take our kids on the Majesty so I'm not sure. It's my impression the AO program is pretty much the same thing on each ship. But I could be wrong. I don't know why they wouldn't or couldn't play gagaball on the Majesty.

I do know that Pirate Night does take place on the Majesty. The kids paraded through the dining room with lots of cute chants and songs one night.

As some people already corrected my terrible typing -- yes, I meant bandanas. They are white with the RC logo on them and they give them permanent markers to color it in with and put their name on. Many of them wore them around their heads on pirate night.

I didn't know about not giving tickets anymore.

My son was always upset if he missed something "important" at AO, too. Can't get him up for school, but he was up at the crack of dawn since I insisted on a good breakfast before he went to AO. He made a lot of friends there and gaga ball is the best fun he's ever had!

Jakie

Archived