Cabin number and other questions

TalulaSA

:D Woohoo!!! Today is a good day!!! Our Visas arrived back from the Aussie embassy AND the infamous blue folder arrived an hour after!! Now it feels official. Bring on the holiday!! I have read everything from cover to cover and now have a few questions.

1. I see that all the forms require us to fill in our cabin number.Don't have one as yet so can I assume that it gets allocated at portside?:confused:

2. Do the cruise cards have holes in them? Or must I bring a lanyard that clips on to it?

3. As they no longer provide the transfer service to us independent passenger types, :p is it costly to take a taxi from Brisbane airport to the Portside wharf? What is the norm in terms of taxi fares for that distance? :o Apologies for the odd questions. Not easy being a first time cruiser and first time East Coast tourist. lol!! :)

:D Woohoo!!! Today is a good day!!! Our Visas arrived back from the Aussie embassy AND the infamous blue folder arrived an hour after!! Now it feels official. Bring on the holiday!! I have read everything from cover to cover and now have a few questions.

1. I see that all the forms require us to fill in our cabin number.Don't have one as yet so can I assume that it gets allocated at portside?:confused:

2. Do the cruise cards have holes in them? Or must I bring a lanyard that clips on to it?

3. As they no longer provide the transfer service to us independent passenger types, :p is it costly to take a taxi from Brisbane airport to the Portside wharf? What is the norm in terms of taxi fares for that distance? :o Apologies for the odd questions. Not easy being a first time cruiser and first time East Coast tourist. lol!! :)

Hi TalulaSA, welcome to our boards, firstly when is your cruise .??

there are rolls for the Star, where some passengers log on and you can get to know them before the cruise

Do you have access to P&O's Australian site?

if you do, you could get into cruise personaliser ,quote your booking

number, and your cabin number may show up on that.

I am sorry I can't help out regarding the price of the taxis. but I am sure someone will let you know.

have a lovely cruise and a great holiday in Australia.

kindest regards, Lorraine.

Thanks Lorraine,

Our cruise leaves on 17 March. I have posted on the roll call page. As for the P & O Australia site, it only brings up my name and then bombs out with error messages. Very strange, but not serious. Looking forward to this cruise. I paid a visit to Lindeman Island last year, but Cyclone Larry decided to visit then too. Hoping this year I will have better luck seeing that lovely part of the world. Hold thumbs.

Hi!!

A taxi from Brisbane Airport to Portside at Hamilton will probably be about A$20-25 depending on the traffic.

Will you arriving at the Domestic or International terminal?? If you're arriving at the Domestic terminal - and it's the day of the cruise - you might be able to pick up one of the P&O shuttle buses - I believe they'll take non pre-booked passengers for a small charge (or maybe free). Someone who's flown into Brisbane may be able to help with more info about this.

Regarding your cabin number -your cruise ticket in the documentation should have your Cabin Number on it, at the top on the left hand side under your name it should have the Cabin Number, Cabin Grade, Berth (if applicable) and any notes.

When you get the cruise card it will most likely have a hole already punched in it. If not, the places on the ship where they lanyards are sold will have a hole punch that will do the trick. The room keys on Pacific Star are about the same size and shape as the cruise cards, and they also have a hole in them ready for the lanyard.

The cruise cards and the room "keys" on the Star both have holes already punched in them. The hole is a rectangular shape so they suit all types of lanyard connectors. Taxi from the airport to Hamilton is around $20-$25 and all taxi's take credit cards as payment.

Have a great time.

The shuttles will take non P&O booked people. We tooke on in October and it was free. Another cruiser said they charged then $10.

Don't stress about the cabin number. You can fill out the luggage tag without it. A couple of times we have not known our cabin number prior to checking in. Your bags will find you. If you prebook shore tours leave it blank. The confirmation that we receive back from P&O actually had our number on it even though the personaliser didn't on one cruise.

We arrived at the Domestic terminal at about 8.30am....no P&O transfer bus in sight...too early me thinks! Taxi was under $20.

We knew our Cabin no. and had heaps of hassles with the P&O cruise personaliser bombing out too...ended up with an upgrade when we checked in which was a real surprise.

Cheers

Archived