Spirit front balconies (10002/10502)

drjochen

I couldn't find the defininite answer here - are the front balconies open during sailings? Its not that I want to sit there for long, but I like to get some fresh air once in a while.

There is no mention of this on the NCL web page, in the brochure or our reservation.

Also, do they have a side balcony? If yes, where is the door? :confused:

We will be in 10002 going out of NYC in March.

We were on the Spirit in 2004 when it was on the west coast. My parents had 10002. The side deck was off of the master bedroom. We used the front deck at sea or at port no problem (a liitle windy while at sea, but tolerable). I have been in the front on the Jewel and the Star and there were no restrictions on using the front deck. The only rule they had was while you were at sea at night you had to keep your drapes closed so the light from your cabin would not bother the the crew on the bridge.

Beautiful ship, beautiful room, you should have a great time :)

The only rule they had was while you were at sea at night you had to keep your drapes closed so the light from your cabin would not bother the the crew on the bridge.

We sailed a 14 day back-to-back cruise in Spirit's Suite 10000 (great numebr) back in 2005 (before the refitting of the ship).

There was one additional "rule" that is not published by NCL. When the ship is in motion, whatever you do, DO NOT OPEN your cabin door while the door to the balcony is open. You will get a terrific great wind tunnel effect. All loose papers, books, pets, and small children, will blow right into the hallway and down toward the rear of the ship.

Works great though if you have any unwanted guests in your suite. Works best if they are on the small side.:p

We sailed a 14 day back-to-back cruise in Spirit's Suite 10000 (great numebr) back in 2005 (before the refitting of the ship).

There was one additional "rule" that is not published by NCL. When the ship is in motion, whatever you do, DO NOT OPEN your cabin door while the door to the balcony is open. You will get a terrific great wind tunnel effect. All loose papers, books, pets, and small children, will blow right into the hallway and down toward the rear of the ship.

Works great though if you have any unwanted guests in your suite. Works best if they are on the small side.:p

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read. I recently booked a back to back on the Spirit and the upsell fairy called today. She gave me an unbelieveable offer that I couldn't refuse....And now I am in cabin number 10000. Your story was great.

We stayed in this suite Nov.'05. We could only use the front balcony while we were docked. This was because of the wind not because they won't let you. There is also a side balcony which you can use. This suite also has an additional 1/2 bath and is truly beautiful.

Archived