eating around Miami port

ams mom

We arrive early Friday morning in FLL for a 4pm departure out of the Port of Miami. We'll have a group of 6, and have already arranged van transportation from the airport to the port. Are there any good places to eat right around the port without having to get in a cab or rent a car?

Is there a place near the port our van should drop us off instead of directly at the port? Mall, hotel, etc? we're traveling with kids and older people so its not as easy to just rent a car for the day.

thanks

There are no places to eat at the Port of Miami (at least none that I could see, apart from a coffee truck for the workers). The closest area with restaurants and shops would be the Bayside Marketplace but you'd still have to get a cab from there to the port. It's about a 5-minute cab ride but it's a very long walk over the bridge. My husband and I have walked it, but with no luggage, no kids, no old people.

How early are you getting to the port? We got there last year around 11am and were allowed to board shortly after that. Once we boarded there was a lunch buffet provided.

Bayside Market place is by far the closest palce to the port to get something to eat. There are a number of places there, inside, outside, casual, formal, cheap, expensive, just about everything. and like the was already mentioned only about 5 minute cab ride to port

thanks for the help - we arrive around 6am, so by the time we get luggage, take van from airport, etc., I'm guessing we'll be there around 8:30. That'd be great if we could board that early! We could nap at the pool!

Archived