When to buy insurance

rin1

I did not buy cruise insurance when I booked my cruise and I'm hoping it's not too late. I set sail the first week in April. Can I still get insurance?

Yes you can. The advantage of purchasing cruise insurance within 14 days of putting a down payment/reserving your cruise initially is that it will cover pre-existing conditions. Visit www.insuremytrip.com so you can compare different plans from different companies that meet your needs. Make sure that you get one with medical evacuation as the price of a MEDEVAC will be over 5000 US.

We almost never buy insurance before the final payment is made. By then, we know we will definitely go and we won't be out the premium if we do have to cancel.

We have no pre-existing conditions, we have no elderly relatives still surviving, these things can be different for each individual.

If all you need is medical, delay, medivac etc...you should still be able to purchase it, I don't know what the cutoff date would be.

Archived