Interesting Email Received Today.....

Andy

Hi Everyone !

I received a VERY interesting email today from..... HOLLAND AMERICA

Ok, please let me finish before you flame me about this being on the wrong board :)

It was an excellent (and very well thought out) questionaire asking opinions about Ports and Itineraries for a ** 2009 ** Grand World Voyage on MS Amsterdam. They gave you 4 different itineraries, and asked which ones you liked, and disliked... then asked you to rank the 4 itineraries. They also showed you the proposed itineraries in detail. They also asked which of 4 selected ports might concern you on the proposed itineraries (due to these 4 ports being in some of "hot spots" of the world).

I have to say, I was very impressed that HAL went out of their way to seek out their past Cruisers opinions. I truly wish that Celebrity would do these types of surveys. Kudos to HAL for showing that their passengers input does matter.

Do you agree with me, that Celebrity should be asking their past passengers their opinions about future itineraries and ports ?

Discuss :)

Got the survey and never sailed Hal.

Filled out a # of surveys several years ago for X and they listened.

Was on the Galaxy in October---first time X went to Constanza. Total disaster. We strongly sugested they sub Yalta instead and they actually changed their Black Sea itinary.

They do listen.

Larry

Celebrity does do these kind of surveys - I have been asked to fill out a few in the past few years.

Hi Hajekfam !

I have never recieved any surveys from Celebrity similar to what HAL emailed me. However, there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what types of emails we get from Celebrity.... So, it is possible, you recieved something I did not.

I am curious, have you seen any specific itinerary or port questionaires from Celebrity in the last year or so ?

I've never sailed HAL or Cunard but have signed up on their website for information. At least once a week I get emails or brochures from them but I also wonder since I've sailed Princess & Carnival and their all under one umbrella if that's why I receive info.

I love when the lines ask for your input, it's like their listening.

Hi Everyone !

I received a VERY interesting email today from..... HOLLAND AMERICA

Ok, please let me finish before you flame me about this being on the wrong board :)

It was an excellent (and very well thought out) questionaire asking opinions about Ports and Itineraries for a ** 2009 ** Grand World Voyage on MS Amsterdam. They gave you 4 different itineraries, and asked which ones you liked, and disliked... then asked you to rank the 4 itineraries. They also showed you the proposed itineraries in detail. They also asked which of 4 selected ports might concern you on the proposed itineraries (due to these 4 ports being in some of "hot spots" of the world).

I have to say, I was very impressed that HAL went out of their way to seek out their past Cruisers opinions. I truly wish that Celebrity would do these types of surveys. Kudos to HAL for showing that their passengers input does matter.

Do you agree with me, that Celebrity should be asking their past passengers their opinions about future itineraries and ports ?

I have received thoise surveys from Celebrity. They ask about ports, things on the ship and other things like that.

Hi Hajekfam !

I am curious, have you seen any specific itinerary or port questionaires from Celebrity in the last year or so ?

I remember answering a survey about itineraries and port activities for Celebrity sometime in the past. It might have been part of the elite captain's club members panel that they had a while back.

We received the Holland survery too, and we're big fans of Holland. Yes, I believe that Celebrity should solicit more feedback from cruise passengers and should provide better service overall in the corporate offices (shipboard service has been good in our experience).

:) Donna

I have sailed on HAL before and I didn't receive a DAM questionnaire.

When I called Celebrity about their new elite booklets last year I was told that the new "benefits" :rolleyes: were the "result of passenger input".;)

We've sailed HAL twice and X once. So far, we prefer HAL. (We're giving the new Century a try in May.) The MS Amsterdam is our favorite ship.

In response to your question Andy: Yes, I think it's a great idea to get passenger/customer input on future proposed itineraries. It's worth the cost of a mailing to offer what customers truly prefer. Smart marketing.

I have sailed on HAL before and I didn't receive a DAM questionnaire.

When I called Celebrity about their new elite booklets last year I was told that the new "benefits" :rolleyes: were the "result of passenger input".;)

Hi Arno !

Both comments were great. Loved the DAM questionnaire one :)

As for Celebrity's new Coupon books... if that was the "result of passenger input" I would love to know just WHO they are asking. As we both agree, the new booklets are just about worthless. Frankly, I feel they are somewhat insulting to our loyalty. Every time I fill out a comment card, I always list the new coupon books as a complaint. Let's hope they listen.

Hello Andy...Hope Mom is doing well!

I did receive an email questionaire form Celebrity shortly before the release of the New Zealand itinerary. Among the questions were those surrounding cruise tour ideas, what would I like, there was a chart of cities and excursions in packages, and I found it to be a very exciting cruise vacation package they were putting together, making the most of the localities highlights and sensibilites in assembling the package ideas.

While I have not booked that itinerary, I am sure the options for those selecting it are fantastic from what I saw after the release. :)

Could it be because of your association with..

Susan it's bad luck to be naughty... you too might be vaporized.;)

...and I thought I was being very nice attributing issues with bad luck rather than... bad attitude...

Sometimes when people ask for my opinion I attempt to give them more than they want to hear.. I've got more opinions than questions to answer..

I can understand why some would not want to give me a questionnaire..

I filled out a post-cruise questionaire online yesterday regarding our 1/29 Mercury cruise to the MR. In the last comments box I told them it didn't influence whether we would cruise Celebrity again (we booked Mercury for Aust/NZ while onboard), but I thought they really needed to upgrade the Cap. Cl. perks in the room and that RCCL does a much better job. We are not Elite yet, so we still got the tiny box of candy (Not good for diabetics) instead of a useful bag and the coupon books were not only useless, but had been used by someone else because one of the coupons was missing in each one. :eek: Here's hoping X takes the hint and makes significant improvements.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/03 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 days in London

1/07 Mercury Mexican Riviera

1/08 Mercury Aust/NZ

Pls, Andy, don't get me started on the Dan Hanrahan school of management.:) You know, the one that says past pax don't count? And for goodness sake, don't interact with them by answering, personally, any questions or concerns.

The onboard service is great. The onboard staff cares. Once you're off the ship it's a whole 'nother story!

Love the ships and staff, crew. Don't think much of management and Miami office!

Andy, I agree with you. We've cruised HAL a few times and although we haven't yet received an email questionairre, they really do go out of their way regarding customer service. Wish X would ask for input.;)

We cruised HAL one time and had a cabin problem but never received a single explanation to onboard complaints and several emails.

We cruised HAL one time and had a cabin problem but never received a single explanation to onboard complaints and several emails.

Oh my goodness...Guess the level of willingness to help all of us has gone down on most of the lines over the years....too bad. It's not what it use to be.

Archived