Long Beach Embarkation

lincdax

On my upcoming cruise, I will be renting a car prior to the cruise but not parking it at the terminal during the cruise. I will be returning the car to the local rental office, and then taking a taxi (or something) back to the terminal.

Does anyone know if I can go to the terminal for check-in and then leave without paying the $12 per day for parking? Do they allow free drop-off, or a 15 minutes free type of thing.

Thanks for any help.

Tony

On my upcoming cruise, I will be renting a car prior to the cruise but not parking it at the terminal during the cruise. I will be returning the car to the local rental office, and then taking a taxi (or something) back to the terminal.

Does anyone know if I can go to the terminal for check-in and then leave without paying the $12 per day for parking? Do they allow free drop-off, or a 15 minutes free type of thing.

Thanks for any help.

Tony

Tony

Long Beach does have A Drop off section but you won't be able to stay there 15 minutes unless you are Taxi, Limo etc. But I guess you could ask.

You can drive into the Terminal and park right next to the Porter and drop off your items right there. Then get back into your car and take it back to the Rental car place. In Miami I know that Thrifty Car rental has a free shuttle. Call the place you are about to rent from and ask if they have a free shuttle back to the Terminal, If not call another rental office.

Fred

Thanks for any help.

Tony

Wow, have you got me scratching my head. I have done the free quick trip around the parking structure (the square thing in the photos below), but that was back in late 2003/early 2004, and I don't know if you can still do it. As luck would have it, I may go there this Sunday and if I do, I'll check it out for you.

Here is where you are headed ...

LongBeach.jpg

LongBeachaerial.jpg

Archived