family OV with veranda on infinity

melika091900

Would this room be worth it for 3000 more than what we are paying for 2 inside cabins ? I know that the balcony is big , and theres a room divider, anyone who has stayed in one ? if me and my husband are in one side and mom in the other can we hear the snoring ? or is it roomy enough to be ok and not feel cramped with all of us in there plus our 6 year old,,

any info , or if anyone has pics please share, or email them to me,

thank you

Melissa

im looking at that instead of 2 balconies since it saves 1000 dollars.. and we really want a balcony if we can swing it ,

We visited friends who were in the FV and saw the rooms.

You will hear you mum snoring, because it is a simple roomdivider that you slide open or closed.

Plenty of room, since the room close to the balcony is a sittingroom during the day.

Only remember you have to share the 1 bathroom during those days..

The balcony is awsome.

Another option could be 1 balconyroom and one inside opposite each other.

A smaller balcony but 2 bathrooms

Melika, understand your concern. We will be on Infinity next month, in 8166, which is a corner FOV. We are also bringing my mom with us. I haven't lived with her in over 20 years, but I imagine she still snores! We just couldn't pass up this cabin (really the balcony) because the cruise is thru the Panama Canal and aft views are the best place for Canal passages.

We have cruised on Galaxy twice, once in a SkySuite, and the other with 2 inside cabins with connecting doors. Must say, even without the balcony, the 2 insides were more preferable to just one bathroom. We travel with our 2 children.

In December, we will again sail on Galaxy, and we booked the SkySuite again, only this time with a CC cabin as well. We will be bringing our SIL with us on this one, and we definately needed the 2 bathrooms (or we never would have had any bathroom time!!!). We only booked the balconies because our SIL smokes, and we didn't want her having to wander into public areas to smoke late at night and early morning (in her night clothes:D ).

I guess you just have to go with your gut feeling. Do I dread sailing with only 1 bathroom? Yes. But I am going to sign up for the Persian Gardens and hope to have many of my showers there instead!!

Donna

I'm a huge proponant of the FV cabins, but in your case, I'd go with the two balconies because of the extra bathroom, the privacy, and the savings. I don't think you mentioned the itinerary (region) or the length of the cruise, both of which would factor into the desirability of an FV...

I'm a huge proponant of the FV cabins, but in your case, I'd go with the two balconies because of the extra bathroom, the privacy, and the savings. I don't think you mentioned the itinerary (region) or the length of the cruise, both of which would factor into the desirability of an FV...

yeah i think 2 balconies might be good..

we are going to hawaii 14 days from san diego,,

melissa

yeah i think 2 balconies might be good..

we are going to hawaii 14 days from san diego,,

melissa

Hmmm. On a warm-weather cruise with that many sea days, the huge balcony is a big plus... On a cooler or more port-intensive cruise, I'd say go with the two balconies, but for this one, I'm a little torn...

I guess you just have to go with your gut feeling. Do I dread sailing with only 1 bathroom? Yes. But I am going to sign up for the Persian Gardens and hope to have many of my showers there instead!!

Donna

Donna,

You don't need to sign up for the Persion Gardens to shower, unless you want to.

On M-class ships in the locker rooms by the Thalassotherapy pool there are three nice showers and sinks and towels. There are shaving supplies in the men's. I don't know what's in the women's. These are free to use.

CajunLiner, we sailed in Infinity FV 8166 (family of 4) and absolutely loved it.

Melissa, the FV is plenty roomy for 4 people and certainly in my opinion is worth an extra $3,000 over a pair of inside cabins for a 14 night Hawaii cruise. With the large number of at sea days for that itinerary, I would definitely want a balcony.

The debate regarding 2 balcony cabins vs 1 FV cabin is a common question and it boils down to your priorities among the pros/cons that have already been highlighted in the other posts (cost, privacy, bathroom convenience, balcony size).

Archived