Why did NCL not stop in Tallin?

We were told about 2-3 weeks before our cruise on June 30 that the Dream would not be stopping in Tallin because one of their engines was not operating. We learned while we were on the ship that another Holland American ship was also skipping this port at the same time? This made many of us on the ship very suspicious about the "engine" story. Does anyone know the real reason we missed Tallin? We are very upset to have missed this lovely town.

We asked this question in April when we first heard about it. Another Cruise Critic member posted that a crew member on the Dream told him the reason they don't stop in Tallin is that the port charges were raised too high. This actually makes more sense than their other explanation. We were on the Dream in June and some people were quite upset because didn't know about the change until they boarded. Our TA told us ahead of time, but we still thought NCL should have given us more time in one of the ports or included another port. Guess we'll never know the real reason.

This has been a concern for me too. We're going on the 8/5 sailing. It is back on the itinerary thankfully. I have every reason to believe it was due to the port fees in Tallinn. I'm not sure who started the rumor that it was engine problems, I'd bet it was NCL themselves.

I'm just glad we're good to go afterall.

Happy Sailing!!!

Romy

Would love to know how your cruise was. I tried to e-mail you, but wasn't successful. Hope you will post some comments here on your cruise. We're going on the 9/10 Baltic and 9/22 transatlantic.

Thanks for any info.

Sue

Ses320,

You can e-mail lattemom at Beave52@aol.com with your questions about the Dream. We have been on better NCL ships than the Dream. We tried to eat off the ship when we could...the food was terrible. The weather was cool and rainy most of the time, but it did not stop us.

Archived