Money on Cococay

Mom2Go

Since Cococay is a RCI island, I'm wondering about whether they use cash on the island. When renting mats, purchasing coco loco's and everything else....do you need to have money on Cococay, or do you charge things to your onboard account? What if you have a drink card good for so many alcoholic drinks? Can you use it to purchase alcoholic drinks on the island or are these purchased separately?

Thanks to anyone who can provide an answer.

-Hallie

No cash is needed unless you want to buy something from one of the vendors selling trinkets, t-shirts, etc. You will use your account card to purchase any drinks, rent mats, etc., etc. You'll need that to get back on the ship, too, so of course you'll be carrying that. I did carry some cash in a backpack and just left it tucked under a beach chair with our towels, etc. while we were in the water without any problem. People leave cameras and stuff lying around and it seems to be safe. Vendors on Cococay seemed to have the same stuff as the straw market vendors in Nassau. I can't speak for their prices...

Cheers -

Lisa

Archived