Sydney Harbor Dinner Cruise ?

SPARKLE10

Hi:

We're thinking of booking a Sydney Harbor Dinner Cruise, but there are so many to chose from. We're trying to decide between the "Sydney Harbor Sky Deck Gold Dinner Cruise", which is $199 each or;

the "Sydney Harbor Dinner Cruise on the MV Sydney 2000", which is $109 each. They're both 2 1/2 hours long.

Has anyone been on either one of these? Or perhaps has a better suggestion for a Sydney Harbor Dinner Cruise?

Thanks in advance.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita):p

There is also a showboat paddle steamer which we have been on. It goes from darling harbour. They have a show on board, can can dancers, magicain comes to your table, food was good. They have various category of seats but even the cheapest seats were good.

There even used to be a cruise aimed at female hens nights , male strippers lots of audience partiipation etc not sute if that still runs or what you are "looking " for!!!!!

karon

I haven't been on their dinner cruise, but Captain Cook cruises is very well known and has been in business a long time. They do cruises in many parts of Australia, New Zealand and even Fiji, both day cruises and live-aboards. Also, if you just want to see the city at night, you used to be able to take a ferry that just tours the harbor to see the lights. There is also a "touristy" restaurant and observation deck that revolves. The view at night is fabulous and the food isn't bad, but expensive. It's been a few years since we were there, but it used to be called Centerpoint Tower.

• 3 weeks later...

Can highly recommend the Sydney 2000 Dinner Cruise. It is a great way to see the harbour sights and have a very nice dinner as well as the opportunity to have a dance and/or a wander on the open deck. You can also pay $25 extra to get a guaranteed window table, which IMHO is worth it.

The higher priced sky deck dinner has very similar outlook and facilities, but is degustation style rather than al a carte and I think includes wine with each course.

Bob

Hi,

I have been on several Cpt Cook Cruises, and have also bought cruises as presents for my parents. In my opinion they are very good, and while they are usually at a premium compared to the other operators, it is totally worth it. I hate being on a ship/boat with poor food, poor service and people who are not courteous. So, you pay more, you **usually** get a better class of people, and the food is great on the Cpt Cook cruises too.

JMHO! You will love the harbour anyway - it is the best in the world! :D

Mark.

Hi,

I have been on several Cpt Cook Cruises, and have also bought cruises as presents for my parents. In my opinion they are very good, and while they are usually at a premium compared to the other operators, it is totally worth it. I hate being on a ship/boat with poor food, poor service and people who are not courteous. So, you pay more, you **usually** get a better class of people, and the food is great on the Cpt Cook cruises too.

JMHO! You will love the harbour anyway - it is the best in the world! :D

Mark.

I agree, we've been on several Captain Cook Dinner Cruises, fabulous:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

We just went on a Majistic Harbour Dinner Cruise Monday, March 26 and it was very nice. Good food, seafood buffet and 2 hours long. They had a good selection of food and desserts and I believe we paid around $80 per person. You leave from Darling Harbour around 7:30 and return at 9:30. What a beautiful harbour at night!!! Added note...Rossini's at Jetty 5 Circular Quay is VERY good for breakfast and dinner. Fresh and delicious!!!

Archived