Wine Question For Regatta

george/patricia

My wife loves wine but I don't so if we buy a bottle of wine for dinner will they recork it and save the remaining wine for our next visit? If we want can we ask for this open bottle to be served to us while in one of the bars or sitting by the pool? What are the prices approximately of a bottle of wine? Is there a package deal?

As best I can recall, the lowest-price wines aboard were in the low $20's, while the highest prices were stratospheric. I never heard of a package wine deal aboard. I also never asked to have my bottle brought outside the restaurants, and I don't think it is part of their system, but Oceania tries so hard to please that it is worth asking.

In theory O will re-cork a partially consumed bottle of wine for you, but the one time I tried this on Nautica last summer it took them ages to bring it from the Main Dining Room to Polo the next night. Probably works better on ships with assisgned seating. If your wife is the only wine drinker at the table, she might find it more convenient just to order by the glass. The special of the day is only about $5.50 and was always very drinkable. Just a suggestion.

We had a bottle of wine in Polo that we did not finish....we had them put our name and room number on the bottle. When we went to the Grand Dining Room the next night it did not take very long for them to bring our bottle to the table. We had mentioned to the wine steward we were dining in the GDR the next night....so, he might have planned ahead and had it stored in the GDR wine storage?

Another night we had a bottle opened in the GDR and asked the butler bring the rest of the bottle to our room the next night when he served us dinner on our balcony. It worked great for us.....

Archived