Cozumel tender?

blwms

Hi, the Holiday is supposed to be docking at the Puerta Maya Pier, which is situated south if downtown and close to the international pier. There is some current construction work done on the international pier and it can affect any ship, normally you will be docking into Puerta Maya. Hope it helps.

I thought we had this cleared up before, but here it is again, puerta maya is only a tender pier, the international pier is open the only work being done is to open a secound berth, Punta langosta pier will take two large ships or three small ones.

Hi, the Holiday is supposed to be docking at the Puerta Maya Pier, which is situated south if downtown and close to the international pier. There is some current construction work done on the international pier and it can affect any ship, normally you will be docking into Puerta Maya. Hope it helps.

Judging by this and another "pier post" of yours, you seem to be a little confused. I'll assume you just moved here, so I'll get you up to speed!

Puerta Maya was 95% destroyed by Hurricane Wilma. They are now pulling the rubble out and hope to reopen by Aug '08 according to the local news media. Cruise ships cannot dock there, though they sometimes tender into Puerta Maya.

Punta Langosta (downtown) is fully functional with room for 2 and sometimes 3, depending on the size of the ships, and International Pier is half open with room for one ship. They were the 1st to open after Wilma and are still working to get the other berth finished. Hope this helps!:)

Judging by this and another "pier post" of yours, you seem to be a little confused. I'll assume you just moved here, so I'll get you up to speed!

Puerta Maya was 95% destroyed by Hurricane Wilma. They are now pulling the rubble out and hope to reopen by Aug '08 according to the local news media. Cruise ships cannot dock there, though they sometimes tender into Puerta Maya.

Punta Langosta (downtown) is fully functional with room for 2 and sometimes 3, depending on the size of the ships, and International Pier is half open with room for one ship. They were the 1st to open after Wilma and are still working to get the other berth finished. Hope this helps!:)

Thanks Tom

I thought I was on the right page.

the day we are there on the carnival triumph it is only our ship and one royal caribbean ship. Hopefully that means we get that port right beside the walk way to downtown...carlos n charlies etc. Someone get on here and let me know. If only two we should be docked and not tendered correct?:D

i emailed carnival regarding docking in the inspiration on April 23, and they said it is scheduled to tender at Puerta Maya, even though it will only be 2 other ships in port. I dont know if they just havent scheduled to dock, but its now room for 4 or 5 ships to dock if i am not mistaken. Hopefully we will not tender, because i noticed inspiration has docked at punta langosta (next to downtown san miguel) in recent weeks when there were a few ships in port.

It took me several emails to get the answer i needed, Carnival hasnt been very helpfull in answering my questions, thats why i ended up booking TA so that they can deal with carnival.

Since we are on this docking question,Where does the Legend of the seas dock or tender from?From looking at the schedule it say TMM international pier Fondeo Pocition 4.What does that mean.Also when we were in Cozumel in 05 we went to Paradise beach and loved it.Read another post about flies,there were none when we were there.Those pineapple;) filled drinks were to die for.Thanks Tom for any info.Mike.

• 1 month later...

It's been 2 years since we docked in Cozumel...but we're going back in June. Good thing, since I'm running low on vanilla!

Is there a site where you can check which ships are scheduled to tender and which are scheduled to dock each day? Do all of the RCL mega-ships (Freedom of the Seas, etc.) have to tender? Where do the tenders come in -- hopefully downtown? Or will we need to take a cab if we want to go downtown?

It's been 2 years since we docked in Cozumel...but we're going back in June. Good thing, since I'm running low on vanilla!

Is there a site where you can check which ships are scheduled to tender and which are scheduled to dock each day? Do all of the RCL mega-ships (Freedom of the Seas, etc.) have to tender? Where do the tenders come in -- hopefully downtown? Or will we need to take a cab if we want to go downtown?

Unsure of what ship you will be comming in on, but the freedom has been docking at the international pier which is a few miles south of town.

Here is a link to cozumel insider docking info...:)

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/?Page=CruiseShips&Sort=Arrival

Cruise cal has a site but it has been down for a day or two and only gives what ships are in port etc..

Archived