Stuck in Galveston Easter Sunday

catbacker

I am booked on the Conquest for the March 31-April 8 cruise. I have a rental car from IAH to Galveston but, the Enterprise office is closed on Easter Sunday. There are 6 of us so, I don't really want to spend $500 on a limo or transfers. Do I have any other options?

I am sorry I cannot answer your question, but your location and date caught my eye. I wanted to let you know we have a HUGE roll call for Conquest, April 1-8 and that subject has been mentioned several times there. Please join our roll call.

We have the same problem. We disembark off the Rhapsody of April 8th. We are doing the one way car rental from Hertz on the way in on April 1st but we haven't made any plans yet how to get back to IAH on the 8th as both Enterprise and Hertz in Galveston are closed on Easter Sunday.

What are most passengers in our similar predicament doing? At this point it looks like we may just book the RCL transfer - there are only 3 of us. In pricing most of the other shuttle services they do not seem much cheaper.

Try Hertz - Call Hertz in Galveston, directly.

Don't use any internet sites including Hertz (they will say Hertz is closed); don't call the Hertz 800 number; or you'll likely get an agent with the intelligence of a cantelope, who will also tell you that Galveston is closed.

Generally, a phone call to the Galveston office during normal weekday business hours will produce a car or van at or near the pier on Sundays.

You can also drop at Hertz on Sunday mornings, and they'll take you to the pier.

BTW some recent posters have warned of an unreasonable Enterprise drop charge in Galveston.

I am booked on the Conquest for the March 31-April 8 cruise. I have a rental car from IAH to Galveston but, the Enterprise office is closed on Easter Sunday. There are 6 of us so, I don't really want to spend $500 on a limo or transfers. Do I have any other options?

I have the same problem. I think it is cheapest to rent the car; drop it off and then arrange for a shuttle/taxi on the return. I am currently planning on using 24hrairporttaxi. Unfortunately, with 6 people you have to move up to a larger and more expensive vehicle.:( . If you go to the Conquest Roll Call you might be able to pair up with some folks and split the fare.

Archived