Holiday in Cozumel:Dock or Tender?

blwms

We were there 25 Jan and we tendered then. Someone on the dock said that our ship (Fantasy) got to use the existing pier every fourth trip - the rest of the time they tender in to the main pier location which was still being rebuilt.

joe

It depends on the number of ships in port. The International pier is almost finished to the point it can start docking two ships. The Punta Langosta pier can dock two ships. Unfortunetely the Puerta Maya pier will not be finished until early to mid 2008. When finished, it will be able to dock four ships.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
It depends on the number of ships in port. The International pier is almost finished to the point it can start docking two ships. The Punta Langosta pier can dock two ships. Unfortunetely the Puerta Maya pier will not be finished until early to mid 2008. When finished, it will be able to dock four ships.

Dave

I take it from that post that 4 ships can currently be docked. So if we are in Coz on 3/15 (on the Fantasy) we should be docking, right?

I take it from that post that 4 ships can currently be docked. So if we are in Coz on 3/15 (on the Fantasy) we should be docking, right?

You have six ships in port that day but the Fantasy is not one of them. The Fantasy will be in port on 3/17 and there will be 4 ships that day. You should be docking.

Dave

Paradise_Beach_Tom had a post that said the International pier can now dock 2 ships. I am wondering the same thing, if we are tendering or not. Anyone else know how to check?

Go to cozumelinsider.com Look towards the bottom of the right side. Click on ship schedule. This is the list put out by the harbor master on Mondays.

Dave

Go to cozumelinsider.com Look towards the bottom of the right side. Click on ship schedule. This is the list put out by the harbor master on Mondays.

Dave

Jetskier,

Thanks for the info.! We will be on the Grand Princess in a couple weeks. I checked the ship schedule for this week (I realize it will change from week to week). Our ship is scheduled to arrive at Punta Langosta this week. The position is listed as: Band int. or Band ext. Would you happen to know what that might mean?

Thanks!

Jetskier,

Thanks for the info.! We will be on the Grand Princess in a couple weeks. I checked the ship schedule for this week (I realize it will change from week to week). Our ship is scheduled to arrive at Punta Langosta this week. The position is listed as: Band int. or Band ext. Would you happen to know what that might mean?

Thanks!

It means one ship will have the interior side of the dock or the one closer to land. The other ship will have the exterior side of the dock or the one closer to the channel.

Dave

Archived