Pride of Aloha refurb?

arby70

I was just wondering if any NCL "in the know" people might have an idea when she could be in line for another refurbishment? I am considering her for a 2008 cruise. I heard the beds are not all the good and alot of the other lines are improving their bedding quite a bit. Thanks.

I hope you're right, Don. I plan on either a Sept. or early Oct. 2008 cruise so it would be great if she had drydock not too long before that. I already told my boss that I am planning on Hawaii next year so I'll need about 2+ weeks off then. She's been there (land vacation) 3 or 4 times now.:rolleyes: I can hardly wait.

Thanks!

The Aloha just went back to San Francisco last year for a dry dock (spring 2006). Remember, she was having engine problems and because she had to go slower, they cancelled the repositioning cruises and just took her empty. (upsetting several on these boards.) Don't expect another drydock until 2008 or more likely 2009. (I think the Pride of America would be due in 2008 before the Aloha.)

The Pride of Aloha had a rushed refurbishment in 2004, and had a dry dock in 2006. The Pride of America entered service in 2005, and will not have a dry dock until 2008. The Pride of Hawaii entered service in 2006, and I don't expect it will have it's dry dock until 2009. I also don't expect the Pride of Aloha will have its next drydock until 2009.

Time will tell for ssure, but all the cruise lines are delaying dry docks as long as they possibly can, from every two years to every three years on average. Cruise ships aren't making money when they are in dry dock.

Archived