excursions in Grand Cayman w/o kids?

oceanfreaks

Hello Cruisers! We will be boarding the Conquest in a few weeks(!!!!), and have planned family outings with our two children, ages 9 and 3, for two of the ports. My husband is requesting that we go off and do something on our own in Grand Cayman. Has anyone done excursions w/o their kids there before, ansd if so what options are available for the kids? I would prefer that they not sit on the boat, and I would have to feel confident that they were going to be safe, and have a good time in order for me to leave them.

Any responses are helpful!!!Thank you.

I don't really think it would be a good idea to leave your children alone in a foreign country.Even if it would be with a supervised excursion assuming there was one available.Try Camp Carnival on the ship.That is what it is for.

an excursion in GC for small children to do without their parents??? Or do you have someone else traveling with you who will be watching the children that day? The city tour and stingray snorkle might be good for the whole family, or for parents if you have a babysitter... oh, and I bet if you have someone to take them, the kids would like the turtle farm... but I wouldn't suggest letting them go on their own...

I don't really think it would be a good idea to leave your children alone in a foreign country.Even if it would be with a supervised excursion assuming there was one available.Try Camp Carnival on the ship.That is what it is for.

thank you for saying this so I didn't have to. :)

You don't want them to stay on the boat, but it's okay for them to go off alone? Would you let your kids go off on their own at home at 9&3? And you would let them go off alone in a foreign country? I really hope that we have misunderstood here... if you do an excursion on your own, you will need to leave your kids in camp, on the boat... If you want to feel "confident" that they will be safe, letting them wander around is definitely not the way to go...

Most definitely leave them at Camp Carnival. Someone help me out here. Aren't 9 year olds allowed to check themselves out? If so, I would leave strict orders that this not be allowed then pick up the kids as soon as you return from shore.

I absolutely would not let my kids wander around....off on their own! I guess I was wondering if camp carnival went off the boat with the kids and did SUPERVISED activities with the kids on the beach.My husband and I are very careful parents, we have never even hired a babysitter outside of family. This is our first cruise, and are not sure of what to expect...so go easy on me alright?

I'm glad to see you have gotten some help. My .02 cent on I would check with Camp Carnival when you first board however I don't know if there is a good way to reach you if there is a problem. I waould just take the kids with us and have fun in the Grand Cayman with the kids. They would like the turtle farm and the 9yr maybe able to swim with the stringrays, you and your husband can take turns with the 3yr on the boat if he/she is too small to get into the water. But I would take the kids with you. When will have alot of alone time on the ship....that's when I would take the kids to Camp Carnival. that way the ship can reach you much easier. Have a great trip.

I believe that with the older kids, you need to impress on THEM that they may not leave camp Carnival until you come to get them. Kids move very quickly and when there are lots of them, it is easy to loose track of one or two. Ask about provisions for lunch. In any case, it would probably be a good idea to check back with them in a few hours.

Archived