Typing in Caps

hstrybuf

No this isn't about people typing in ALL caps. I know that is shouting or for emphasis. On a couple of boards I have noticed that some posters entire post starts Every Word With A Capital Letter. Is this a program? A new way of typing? Personal preference? Job related? Just curious as I'm not used to it and you know what they say about curiosity. ;)

I was just recently wondering the same thing. You would think it drastically slow down your typing speed...Lets see..

Is This Any Slower Than How I Usually Type?

Ugh - yes it certainly is! :)

I've noticed it on several posts by one person. I didn't say anything about it, as it's just a bit of an irritant. Typing in all caps is what bugs me, and I do politely tell the person why they shouldn't do that.:)

When I first started computing my first computer was a TRS-80 which had only caps. So all postings were in caps. Then IBM came out with small letters. And so they could sell more computers they berated Radio Shack by saying CAPS ARE SCREAMING. And it worked. IBM won out.

I understand & appreciate how there are different things that irk us, but I don't care how anyone types their posts. If I want to read it, I will read it. I have others things of more importance to me to be concerned about than someone's typing style. :rolleyes: Just my 2 cents!

IF YOU WANT TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS, DO IT. :D

If You Want To Type With Each Word Beginning With A Cap, Do It. :D

If you want to type in bright neon colors, do it. :D

I will still read your posts. :D

Happy sailing,

T.

Here's my theory. My husband types everthing in caps and it drives me crazy. I think it's to disguise the fact that he is a terrible speller and doesn't have to think about what should and should not be capped. I also think it's easier to type in caps for those who are slower typers (lol). In the end, though, who cares!!!

wh47 480u7 7yp!n9 1!k3 7h!5? !5 7h!5 4nn0y!n9 3n0u9h? 7h!5 !5 (4113d 7yp!n9 !n 1337. 4 v3ry 933ky 7yp3 0f 7yp!n9 7h47 h4(k3r 7yp3 f01k5 1!k3 70 u53. wh47 d0 y0u 7h!nk?

How's that for annoying??

Wow........ where's my Tylenol??!!!! :eek:

DERF : My first computer was a trash 80 also! With 4K RAM and a cassette recorder for a hard drive... wish I still had it... It is likely in the same place my WACKY PACKS and BASEBALL CARDS are....lol

Tom

When I first started computing my first computer was a TRS-80 which had only caps.

Totally OT, but I remember the Radio Shack TRS-80! That was our first family computer! I must have been in middle school or close to middle school at the time. I also remember taking a computer class in high school using Apple IIe's (along with the TRS-80 that my dad had by that time donated to the school). It's funny to me to think that I will always remember our first computer the same way my mom remembers getting her first TV as a kid.

Wow! OK, I vote that MiamiVice wins the "most annoying typing" competition. I actually checked out this thread because I noticed someone typing With The First Letter Of Every Word Capitalized as well and wondered what that was all about myself! Figured I was just getting old & out of touch!

I know it doesn't really matter, and is much less annoying that the posts that are in all caps, but it is distracting... and trying it out made me realize that it really slows down my typing too!

Thanks DERF!

I bought a few choice stickers 2-3 years ago off of ebay (some of my favorites from the 70's)!

ahhhh... nostalgia ....

(I love sub-topics like this! ---- or ---- how a THREAD becomes a STRAND)

Tom

Archived