NCL "spoof" video

Planer's Edge

Actually, NCL is not happy that it's on YouTube at all since they only got the license for the song for the one event during the inaugural. Cruise Critic had it on the Sneak Preview and NCL asked that it be removed.

I wonder what happens in a case like that? They paid to license the song for one performance, someone copies it and puts it on YouTube, the licensors are not happy... who would they go after?

Jana

They can't go after NCL for it. They didn't post it. Generally it will cost more money to both to go after someone than they would ever recover. And if the person isn't American, it's even harder. Add to that the fact that the ships registry isn't US and the person can ask that the venue be changed because the offense didn't occur in the US, but in the country of the flag of convenience.

Actually, NCL is not happy that it's on YouTube at all since they only got the license for the song for the one event during the inaugural. Cruise Critic had it on the Sneak Preview and NCL asked that it be removed.

I wonder what happens in a case like that? They paid to license the song for one performance, someone copies it and puts it on YouTube, the licensors are not happy... who would they go after?

Jana

I would think that if NCL really was upset that the video was on YouTube that they could just contact YouTube and advise they hold the copyright to the video and it would be removed. My guess is that NCL considers it free advertisong.

Archived