Look what bargains I found!!

Reading these threads today led me on a search to see if longer cruises were more economical. Thought I'd share what I found (source:Travelocity).

14 day HAL 4/19-5/3

Hong Kong to Osaka $2299 OV

17 day HAL 5/3-5/19

Osaka to Vancouver $2599 OV

Itinerary includes: Hong Kong, Taiwan, Shanghai, Beijing, Dalian, Pusan (S.Korea), Nagasaki, Osaka, Tokyo, Hakodate, Petropavlovsk (Russia), Dutch Harbor (Alaska), Kodiak, Glacier Bay, Sitka, Vancouver.

That's $158/day for 31 days.

15 day NCL 4/22-5/7

Miami to Athens $1399 Balcony

12 day NCL 5/7-5/19

Athens to Istanbul $1299 OV

Itinerary includes: Portugal, Rome, Naples, Crete, Athens, Olympia, Corfu, Cairo, Crete, Santorini, Myconos, Ephesus, Istanbul.

That's $99/day for 27 days

16 day Carnival Freedom (new boat!) 11/6/08

Rome to Ft. Lauderdale $1699 Balcony, $1149 OV, $799 IS

Itinerary includes: Rome, Barceloma, Parma, Malaga, Canary Islands, St. Martin, Ft. Lauderdale.

That's $49/day for 16 days for you diehard thrifties!

remember to also add air what is cheaper. That is a big ticket. I am the same way having to divide our trip in to days per a person.

Also if you take back to back they will give you a super deal. Have not got to do that yet.

Our cruise total with 2 adults to kids and gov't fees /taxes and other etc. is $789.04 total for 5 days. That is $157.81 a day for the whole family or $39.45 a person a day. That is a still of a deal. A hotel is about $110.00 a night that right there is $550.00 and you do not get to wake up and be in a new place. Eatting cheap on a vacation is $80.00 a day (family) and you are in pain if you had to eat that cheap for 5 days. Sorry McDonald's but no way. That is a total of $400.00 so that is more then my cruise right there. And I will be eatting way better then that.

I can not wait.

I'm like you.....ppl always ask me how I can vacation so often....because I NEVER eat out and save every penny. My son gripes about not eating out but I remind him that he actually does....breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday on every vacation. :)

I was trying to see if I could get around the world on B2B2B2B2B, etc..... cruises. I kept getting stuck in BC.

Also if you take back to back they will give you a super deal. Have not got to do that yet.

Don't count on any kind of deal from Hal. They do not discount B to B's.

Once in a while they might run a special for a back to back on SELECTED cruises, but I only see this maybe once a year.

Archived