The 411 on cell phone use....

LMC

Our carrier is Verizon. RCI ships do have a contract with several cell phone companies, Verizon being one of them, to provide cell service on their ships for $2.49/min. The caveat is that you have to sign up with your carrier in advance to do this! It does not cost aything, just call your carrier and explain the situation. They have to add international service to your account (no charge) and you have to call from your phone 5 minutes later (they will give you a code to enter) and you will be all set. This also allows access from land on some islands (for example, in Aruba it will cost $1.49/min). The cost is for incoming as well as for outgoing calls. I know that cell phones are annoying, but I for one have elderly parents and children that I would like to be accessible to if needed.

A few weeks ago I was on the Splendour. While we were still in Cozumel but on the ship, I used my cellphone. I dialed the US country code (I think 011) plus the number. I was directly connected to my home phone. I just received my Verizon bill, I have America's Choice call plan. I was only charged .69 cents/minute for roaming, the airtime was free.

I think it was so reasonable is because we were still in Cozumel.

Archived