AFT it is!

OMG!! Couldn't wait to share! I was crying in my coffee as I have nothing booked...when lo and behold - I found an AFT on LIBERTY!!!!!!!:D

Pardon my screaming, but I've been in search of the elusive aft balcony for months and cannot believe my good fortune! Has anyone had 9706 on Freedom? In the past have booked D2 or JS, I know that an E1 will be a bit snug - hoping the balcony will make up for it (did I mention it's an aft?!:p ). Best part, DH asked what the itinerary was while I was booking...I honestly didn't know! The best I could answer was Caribbean! LOL!

Thanks for dealing with my rant! At least you guys understand!

I sailed in 8710 (the port corner aft) on Freedom last Oct. Yes, the E-1 was snug for us (DH and I had to figure out how to dance around the cocktail table), but we did fine with it. The balcony size was fine, but do beware we had LOTS and I do mean LOTS of soot on our balcony every time the ship set sail from each port. Once I knew that was going to happen I made sure I hadn't dressed for dinner yet as it ruined my first nights outfit. We did not seem to have the soot problem once the ship was underway for about an hour, but it was very, very bad.

I do think the cabins on deck 9 might be a little more protected from the Windjammer overhang, so hopefully you won't experience the same problem I did.

Enjoy your Liberty sailing!

DH and I had to figure out how to dance around the cocktail table...beware we had LOTS and I do mean LOTS of soot on our balcony every time the ship set sail from each port...it ruined my first nights outfit. We did not seem to have the soot problem once the ship was underway for about an hour, but it was very, very bad.I do think the cabins on deck 9 might be a little more protected from the Windjammer overhang, so hopefully you won't experience the same problem I did.

Murphy - Thanks so much for the heads-up! Table won't be a problem, we usually bring it out on the balcony (if we have a D2) for that very reason. Fortunately, most of my clothing for dinner is black...:p Did housekeeping clean up the balcony? I wonder how we should go about dealing with this? Maybe your point about WJ's overhang will make a difference. Thanks!

We went to the purser's desk after our first experience. They paid to clean my outfit (but couldn't get all of it out, because of course I was wearing white linen pants!). They sent someone to the cabin to wipe the soot up. We learned to pull the chairs and tables as close to the cabin as possible when we were done using them, and if I was planning to be out there in the evening, we put a towel over the chair before we sailed and then put the dirty towel in our bath to be replaced by the cabin steward. They also power washed all the aft cabins twice that week, so I think they knew it was a general problem. We were notified the night before that the balcony might not be used for several hours the next day while they hosed them down.

It was a bother, but for me the biggest problem was not KNOWING it was going to happen. After I did, we adjusted. That's why I've posted several times on CC about our experience. Not to "complain" but to warn future "aft-ers"! :) Enjoy and yes, I do think deck 9 might be better.

The soot problem Murphy mentioned above is quite accurate, so if you decide to reconsider please let us know. That way we don't have to worry about some other couple getting stuck on the aft. Murphy forgot to mention the horrendous vibration issues...

Enjoy your misery on the aft!:)

....we're jealous!

Corona

Hey Diamondgirl congrats on the aft cabin. What sailing are you in Sept? We also lucked into an aft 7408 on our sailing I booked it not knowing what i was even getting just thought it looked like a cool cabin and then I saw all of the talk on how great aft cabins are so we are really looking foward to this cruise.

Corona - thanks for thinking of our well being, however, I think we'll find a way to get through it!

Steve - I'll let you know what the deal is! Too bad we're not on the same sailing.

SISocialworker - Thanks for the great pictures! Yes, it looks just awful! So sorry RCCL didn't give you better weather that day, what were they thinking?! LOL! I'm excited just looking at them.

And to think that this morning I didn't have anything on the horizon yet...

Good for you! I also just 3 days ago called and somehow by the grace of god changed my Liberty cruise in August to cabins 7410 and 7408!! It will be myself and my hubby in one and then my two boys next door. I am SOO excited! I can't imagine how big our combined balcony will be!!

yeeeehaaaawwwww to having breakfast on my aft cabin :)

Esmerelda :)!

I am excited for you but I have only cruised with Princess lines. Could comeone tell me what an AFT cabin is?:confused:

Detco,

Aft are the cabins located at the very back of the ship and are coveted by many who post to these boards. I have one booked in May and will let you know if they are as good as everyone says:)

Archived