?? about dining and room set-up for kids 5 and 8

kaf7878

Hi--DH and I have been on a few cruises together but next year we are planning one with our kids. I have a few questions:

1-what seating should we choose? (i.e. to go the Camp Carnival activities)

2-if we select an inside guarantee cabin, will they make sure to assign us to one that will accomodate all four of us (vs. the standard with two single beds?)

THanks!

Which ship are you looking at? We are sailing the Carnival Liberty this fall, and my kids are about your kids ages, and we have the early sitting. I was able to see a copy of the Kids Capers, and saw that Camp Carnival does dinner around 6:15, same as the early sittings. I figured this would work so we could take the kids to dinner with us but they will not miss any of their activites either. I would look to see what times the ship leaves port, etc, to decide. Try to see if you can find kids capers for your ship also.

I've found on 3 different lines that they start evening activities in the kids club areas under the assumption the kids are in an early dinner seating. The only one I had some issues with was Celebrity, that never timed the start of the kids activities to jell with the ending of dessert. I was forever having to walk out of the dining room to walk my daughter to the kids club then go back and have my dessert.

I agree with previous posters, for Camp Carnival evening activities, you're better off with early dinner. Depending on the ship you are looking at (if it has two dining rooms) there may be two early dinners, 5:45 and 6:15. In our experience, Camp Carnival went from 7 - 10 pm each evening (you can leave the children after 10 pm, and an hourly fee applies).

As for the room, I'm certain they will ensure the cabin you are assigned will accomodate the number of passengers occupying it. In our experience, you will have a cabin with a queen/king size bed, a couch which is the third berth when the pillows are removed and a pullman which drops out of the ceiling over the couch (effectively making a bunk bed.)

Happy cruising!

IIn our experience, you will have a cabin with a queen/king size bed, a couch which is the third berth when the pillows are removed and a pullman which drops out of the ceiling over the couch (effectively making a bunk bed.)

Happy cruising!

That may have been your experience but most of teh time inside cabins have 2 twin beds and 2 pull down bunk beds making it difficult for families with younger kids who may not be able to do th ebunk beds.....

Archived