SteveS or anyone who has toured Florence/Pisa with Alessandro Cammillie

I have some questions about Alessandro Cammillie and his tour to Florence and Pisa. His rates are much lower than other private guides. He can only tour with 2-4 people. SteveS, I saw you mentioned his car was a Fiat Kangaroo. I can't seem to find anything about this car anywhere. Is his car big enough for 4 people, or are my husband and I better off going by ourselves? Also, the restaurant he visits in the Chianti, can you tell me a little about it?

Thanks!

My husband and I used Allesandro in Florence. He is a wonderful guide. The reason his rates are lower is because he is not a licensed guide and his specialty is not taking you through museums. He does know Florence very well and is extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. His car holds 4 people with 3 in the back seat in individual bucket seats which are fairly narrow but worked well for us when we used him in May. Allesandro is an excellent driver. While in Florence you are walking around for several hours and then you can go touring. We were able to go to Chianti, San Gimignano and Pisa in about 9 or 10 hours. The restaurant in Chianti is very nice. The food is good and the winery attached affords wine tasting.

Hope this helps.

Alice

Could it Possibly be a Renault Kangoo ?

Could be. I just read the kind of car in SteveS' review from last year. I think a Kangoo might be too small for four people in addition to the driver though as I think it is a pretty small car. My husband and I are both tall and long legged!

My husband and I used Allesandro in Florence. He is a wonderful guide. The reason his rates are lower is because he is not a licensed guide and his specialty is not taking you through museums. He does know Florence very well and is extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. His car holds 4 people with 3 in the back seat in individual bucket seats which are fairly narrow but worked well for us when we used him in May. Allesandro is an excellent driver. While in Florence you are walking around for several hours and then you can go touring. We were able to go to Chianti, San Gimignano and Pisa in about 9 or 10 hours. The restaurant in Chianti is very nice. The food is good and the winery attached affords wine tasting.

Hope this helps.

Alice

Sounds like he will work great for us. I only want to see the David, so we are not needing a guide so much. Did you and your husband tour with Alessandro alone, or did another couple join you? Sounds like the restaurant will be great. Is it italian food? Just curious about the cuisine as I am not a seafood eater even though my husband is! Did you do the wine tasting?

Thanks!

Valerie,

We used Alessandro also, and his car is a Renault Kangoo. We went with another couple, and it was fine for four people. He's an excellent guide, so if you book with him, you will have a great time.

Have a great trip!

Valerie,

There were 4 of us in Allesandro's car. My husband sat in the front and I sat in the rear with another couple. The food in the restaurant was very good. We had pasta that was excellent, albeit not particularly cheap. We did do the wine tasting and and had a great time with Allesandro pouting liberally. We took a few bottles back to the ship.

I don't think that you will be disappointed in Allesandro as we were very pleased.

Alice

Sorry for the typo. It should have read Allesandro poured liberally!

Alice

Too funny! I wondered what he would be pouting about!

Do you recall an approximate cost of your meal and wine tasting? I am just trying to figure how much to budget for the day.

Thanks!

Archived