Am I crazy?

BB5953

There was a great thread about things we didn't know about the ships and I can't find it - am I going crazy or just blind? I am scheduled to go on the summit in a few months and as I still somewhat new to cruising it is great to hear about things I would not normally have known!

Looks like it got pulled. I got flamed (flammed?) for revealing the secret about the back door to the Persian Gardens. Maybe it was a Celebrity operative who objected to all those closely held secrets being revealed!:p

Because one person had 2 inappropriate posts that entire thread got pulled or did it turn into a bashing session once I logged out? Well he got what he wanted didn't he - stirring everything up and then getting it pulled. Instead of pulling the posts certain people should be banned. IMHO

last time i read it some people were bashing eachother. one poster got on the poster who mentioned sneaking in the back door of the persian gardens (which i thought was just a joke). then some others jumped on him. it wasnt too bad when i read it. i guess it snow balled into something ugly

that something that innocent gets pulled yet danno's why thread never got pulled and that was 6 pages of flames. Ecowen I thought that the tip about sneaking in the back door to the persian garden was amusing - hopefully others like myself will see your tip and find it usefull as well - sorry you got flamed it is a shame.

I'll repost my other 2 secrets:

1) The water in the staterooms is safe and delicious. They put the $4 bottle of spring water in the room hoping you think it's not.

2) You can order fresh grilled to order salmon filet every day at the Spa Cafe (on M-class ships). It's delicious and usually not advertised. As good as any I've ever tasted.

I read that post too.. and was waiting for the answer to where the Gardens where located and someone finally answered.. Yes it did get ugly at the end,, some " HAPPY" guy took offense to going (sneaking) into the Gardens, and kept on & on about it...... :rolleyes: I don't think the original thread was intended to cause such a stir BUT you know how that goes......... ;)

I'll repost my other 2 secrets:

1) The water in the staterooms is safe and delicious. They put the $4 bottle of spring water in the room hoping you think it's not.

2) You can order fresh grilled to order salmon filet every day at the Spa Cafe (on M-class ships). It's delicious and usually not advertised. As good as any I've ever tasted.

Sorry, the water in the staterooms may be safe, but I think it has got the most FOUL taste of any water I've ever drank out of a tap!

Sorry, the water in the staterooms may be safe, but I think it has got the most FOUL taste of any water I've ever drank out of a tap!

Well, I didn't say it was as good as NYC tap water (which really is the best I've ever tasted).

The real problem is that the tap water in the cabins is never cold enough. With enough ice, it's really just fine. Certainly not bad enough to warrant spending big bucks on bottled water. . . ;)

But we're off topic. . .wait a minute, what the heck IS the topic???:confused:

:D

Hi BB!

I'm up late, and happened to find this. The thread was still up around 8PM, so it had to have been pulled after that.

Here's all of the "secrets" I've found....................

When getting pre dinner snacks while booked in a suite, you can ask your butler for shrimp cocktail, or sliced melon tray.

These items are available for dinner EVERY night...Salmon, chicken breast, cesear salad, baked potato, and shrimp cocktail. Also if something is on the room service menu (like the clam chowder our table mates HAD to have) then it can be asked for too.

Anything can be asked for in the dining room within reason. My daughter likes an iceberg lettuce salad with tomatoes only, and has it every night. A good friend of mine LOVES, mashed potatoes, and had them served with his meals everynight. We had enough mashed potatoes at our table for everyone every night!

There are mattress pads available for anyone that wants or needs them. If you're not used to a firm bed at home, you don't have to have one on the ship...just let your room steward know.

If you're in a room that comes with fresh fruit, just let your butler or room steward know what fruit you'd like. You can get traditional fruit, or a tropical fruit bowl. If you've seen a certain type of fruit served on the ship, it can be put in your fruitbowl.

You can have iced tea delivered to your room by room service (it isn't on their menu), and the chocolate chip cookies are HUGE and to die for. Order them in advance so you can hve them as a midnight snack!!

Don't go stand in the crowds to buy the gold by the inch at the ONE DAY ONLY sale! It'll be there at least 5 more days;) !!

If I can think of anything else, I'll post them here!!

Take care,

Jaime

Archived