Island Princess Alaska Cruise- New to Princess-Please Help...

UTVOLS

Hi,

We are considering booking an Alaskan Cruise on the Island Princess Northbound out of Vancouver....

We have never cruised on Princess before, although we have cruised HAL, Celebrity, Disney, and RCCL...

I would LOVE any and all advice possible....

or are there specific threads for Princess newbies that anyone can direct me to?

Thank you sooo very much.

I'll be on the IP next week going RT to Hawaii. Are your questions regarding the Alaska Cruise...or the ship itself. If you want to know anything about the ship, I'll be doing a live post thread starting 2/25/07 under the Island Princess Board. I've been to Alaska, but it was on HAL. Not sure what info you're looking for, but I'll help if I can.

Thank you mithryl,

I am thrilled with any and all advice regarding Princess in general as well as information on the Island Princess....If anyone would like to add tips on Alaska, that would even be a BONUS!

I have had such a difficult time using the Search engine as it seems soooooooo slow...

Could you also direct me to the Island Princess Board? I can't seem to find where it is located....

Thank you for 'holding the hand' of this newbie;)

There is a sticky at the top of this forum titled "Princess FAQ" and it has a lot of very useful information.

Also, you can check the Alaska forum under "Ports of Call" for specific information regarding Alaska.

There are no forums for individual ships, but you can look under Reviews on the home page and choose Island Princess. This will give you a nice overview of the ship and you can also read member reviews that contain a lot of good information.

Hope this helps! :)

Phone goddess said it perfectly. Go to the Alaska Ports of Call board. There is a wealth of information. The Princess FAQ has some very good posts for newbie passengers.

As sugggested go back to the home page of Cruise Critic and look at reviews of the Island. I have been on her sister ship the Coral and you are going to like the island. Just the right size(1950)passengers. Great ship.

marilyn

You will love the Island Princess. We're doing the Southbound in May since we're doing land first. It will be our 3rd time on the Island - 1st in 2003 when she was new and again in 2005 RT to Hawaii. We love this size ship.

The Alaska board (as others have said) has lots of good discussions to help you decide what you'd like to do there. This is our first time to Alaska so I'm gathering info as you are.

If you have any specific questions on the Island, I'd be glad to answer.

I cannot thank each of you enough for your direction...

The links were EXACTLY what I was looking for....:)

Here are a few additional questions:

For those who are familiar with the ship itself...Can you suggest a specific deck or stateroom location....? We are looking at either a mini-suite or oceanview w/ balcony.....Are mini-suites worth the extra $$$? And is their a website or thread that gives reviews on specific staterooms (are they noisy etc.?)

Again, I am grateful for your answers.:)

Archived